All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Is Slippery Elm good for IBS-C???
      #275222 - 07/22/06 11:49 AM
Abigail

Reged: 03/12/05
Loc: Orlando,FL

I heard that it helps with C. Is that true? I went to the health food store and bought me some caps, but would like to know more about it from you guys. As always, thank you for the help, info and support that I always get from you all.

Blessings,
Abi

--------------------
The joy of the Lord is my strength !

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Bump new
      #275438 - 07/24/06 11:23 AM
Abigail

--------------------

It can't hurt, might help with pain/spasms, probably not constipation. -nt- new
      #275482 - 07/24/06 03:48 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: It can't hurt, might help with pain/spasms, probably not constipation. -nt- new
      #275495 - 07/24/06 05:19 PM
Abigail

Thank you Heather! Do you know if its better to take the caps or the powder? and Is it better to take it before a meal or after? or On an empty stomach? I definitely need something for the pain and bowel irritation. I'm trying all I can so I don't have to take meds, but if something doesn't change soon I might have to.

Thank you for the great help and info.

Blessings,
Abi

--------------------

I don't know any more about it... new
      #275597 - 07/25/06 10:51 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

so sorry. I've never used it and haven't really looked into it much. I do know it's been around a long time and is completely safe.

Can you use peppermint for the pain? Pain is my most serious symptom, and I rely pretty heavily on the peppermint oil capsules before meals and peppermint tea throughout the day to head off problems.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Worked for me years ago. new
      #275607 - 07/25/06 11:30 AM
Knewada

Reged: 11/07/05
Loc: Ohio

Back in 97 when I was so constipated and gasy the doctor thought I was having a heartatack. I walked in and they put me on the EKG and found nothing. Guess the sweating, shortness of breath and high BP scarred them. Doc. only recomended laxativs and enimas......
But nothing worked. I found a 1lb bottle of poudered slipery elm bark and started taking it. Was taking two teaspoon in a cup of hot water 3 times a day for about a month. Cleaned me right out. Had no problems untill spring of 2002 when I realy started having pains.

Now I can't find the powder around here anymore, just the caps. And the caps don't do me much good and are more expencive. It may work for you. Found some 1lb containers on ebay if you want to check there.

--------------------
If one end don’t get yah, the other will.

Edited by Knewada (07/25/06 11:31 AM)

Re: I don't know any more about it... new
      #275641 - 07/25/06 02:37 PM
Abigail

Thanks again Heather! I'm already taking the peppermint pills and tea and it helps a little, but not enough. I'm still not sure what's the cause of my pain and irritation. I don't get lots of gas, but I do get bloated even when I'm not C.
I will keep trying natural remedies, but it's been 1 1/2 years and I might have to try meds(hope not).

I very much appreciate your help!

Blessings,
Abi

--------------------

Re: Worked for me years ago. new
      #275643 - 07/25/06 02:42 PM
Abigail

Thank you so much Knewada,

I will try to find the powder in my Whole foods store, but if I can't find it, I will google it or go to ebay. I very much appreciate your info.

Blessings,
Abi

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 668 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1088

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review