All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Bloating & Gas: Should I try peppermint, fennel, or acacia?
      #261164 - 05/02/06 05:59 PM
didi

Reged: 03/21/06

Hi everyone, I finally that it may be worth it to purchase some of Heather's products. I've been suffering from late afternoon and evening gas (both frequent burping and sulfuric flatulence) daily for the past year or so. For all of you experts out there, what do you recommend for my symptoms? I have read that acacia CAUSES gas for many people, and I really can't afford to have any more! Should I just stick with peppermint caps and fennel tea for now? But because I have some reflux (with my burping), is the peppermint caps safe?

Also, since I'm a starving student, does anyone know if Heather has coupons for her products?

THANK YOU!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Bloating & Gas: Should I try peppermint, fennel, or acacia? new
      #261186 - 05/02/06 07:17 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Are you taking any fibre supplements right now? If not, you may want to try one, but you have to start with a small dose and work your way up or else you will get very gassy for a while until your body adjusts.

I don't have any reflux problems but the peppermint caps cause me to burp all day long. You may want to start out with the fennel tea first instead of the caps and see how it goes.

#261204 - 05/02/06 08:26 PM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

simethicone capsules (generic gas-x) have helped with my gas quite a bit. Fennel tea is good as well. I have not tried anything peppermint because i have GERD. I don't think Heather has coupons for her products. However, I did notice in the latest newsletter that she had an offer to save money on the peppermint caps if I remember correctly. It gave an offer code to use when ordering to save money so now is the time to try!

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

#261212 - 05/02/06 10:36 PM
didi

Reged: 03/21/06

THank you for your help! I've tried GasX but it never seemed to help. I'm thinking about trying BEANO, cause it seems that alot of users find it helpful for gas.

No, i have not tried any fiber supplements yet, so I'm thinking about trying acacia.

Thanks!

I'd say fennel is best for bloating and gas - try starting with that. -nt- new
      #261323 - 05/03/06 12:54 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#261680 - 05/04/06 08:02 PM
Harley Kye

Reged: 05/04/06
Loc: Pittsburgh, PA

Hi - I use Heather's fiber and peppermint caps. I have problems with gas so I am not sure if it is from the fiber or not. The peppermint caps help more for when I have pain but sometimes I get a urge to have a BM about an hour after I take one. Hope this helps! Good luck!

--------------------
Harley Kye
IBS - C in Pittsburgh, PA

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1160 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 935

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review