All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Felt so Bad today
      #2589 - 03/12/03 11:45 AM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

i woke up quarter to 5 like i always do, watched some tv, and ate my average bowl of corn flakes. I always do this, but today i got severe cramps, gas, and i knew D was on the way. I told my mom, and she said i probaly just have a "virus" I stood home (against my will, cause i always miss so much) from school and im now in bed. i took some peppermint tea, and stuck to applesauce, saltines and dry cereal. I had a bm of very very loose stools, and im now feeling alittle bit better. my stomachs very sensitive though, and i know my moms making shepards pie for dinner tonight (instant mashed potatoes, corn and ground beef)HOPEFULLY I can convince my parents to have rice or speghtti for dinner. anyone know of a nice safe breakfast meal that i can eat tomorrow on a sensitive stomach so i can start off my day right?

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Felt so Bad today new
      #2590 - 03/12/03 11:52 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

YIKES! I totally feel for ya! I always eat oatmeal for breakfast with some brown sugar and a drop of cinammon (water--no milk)! Small portions seem to help too. Good luck with tonight! The best advice I can give you is to aks your parents if you can have spaghetti while they eat their meal (but I'm guessing this is something you tried before and it hasn't worked out)? If that's not ok with them--maybe offer to make dinner for the whole family--tell them you want to make them a surprise dinner--and make them spaghetti marinara (your can just be plain)! I hope this helps--good luck!

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#2606 - 03/12/03 12:42 PM
britsarah

Reged: 02/16/03
Loc: United Kingdom

Angela,
Sorry you're feeling so bad, I hope you feel better after some rest. I always find a soluble fibre sachet the best thing to settle my tummy back down first, then the next day (cos it always takes a day to feel like eating anything like food again) I eat a cereal called Oat Krunchies - not sure if you have it in the US.
Does your mom understand abut the diet, I'm sure she wouldn't want you to feel ill.
Anyhow, keep smiling!
Sarah

--------------------
Sarah

Looking for inspiration...

#2608 - 03/12/03 12:46 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi Angela - I really like cream of rice cereal for a safe breakfast. It's very bland and soothing - good with maple syrup or brown sugar on top. I also like good fresh French bread toasted, sometimes just plain, or with honey or marmalade. That plus peppermint tea is usually my fail-safe option.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#2628 - 03/12/03 03:42 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

my parents let me have rice (yahe!) it was tough though. they said that i need some "heavy" food in me since all i had all day was "light" food. they said it was okay if i had rice as long as i went back to heavy foods tomorrow. so i had rice with some ensure poured over it, and i plan to have some hot peppermint tea tomorrow. well, bye

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1202 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 894

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review