All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I'm having my colonoscopy tomorrow!!
      #2588 - 03/12/03 11:40 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I'm having my colonoscopy tomorrow. Today I start the major prep. at 4pm. Does anyone have any advice or words of encouragement? I'm a nervous reck! The procedure doesn't seem too bad (I've had an endoscopy before--so the procedure doesn't worry me) but the prep. concerns me. I'm also concerned about returning to work on Friday morning (I teach 21 5 year olds!) Is it reasonable to expect to be able to retunr to work right away? How should I be feeling--what can I expect? Any advice owuld be greatly appreciated!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I'm having my colonoscopy tomorrow!! new
      #2592 - 03/12/03 12:19 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - There are some really good threads about this a bit earlier on the board. Try this link web page and read through all the messages - there are quite a few on the topic.

Best of luck, and check in with us to let us know how you're doing,

Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#2593 - 03/12/03 12:21 PM
Nanapat

Reged: 03/09/03

i've had a colonoscopy - the prep is worse tham the test - you will be asleep - feel fine when you wake up - can go to work next day. Discovered i have diverticulosis and ibs which makes eating tough-. the diest conflict with each other

#2596 - 03/12/03 12:28 PM
apymouse

Hi, I have never had a colonoscopy myself but I recently had to drink the jug-o-stuff. I had serious constipation after my c-section and it was the only thing that would help. My pharmacist suggested drinking it over ice and getting it really cold and said you can even mix Gatoraid powder or lemon juice with it to make it a little more palitable. I would check with your doctor or pharmacist to make sure you can have it that way but the ice and Gatoraid powder, rapid stiring and quick drinking made it tolerable for me.

Good Luck

#2597 - 03/12/03 12:31 PM
Snow for Sarala

Thanks a million! That's GREAT advice--I was worried about drinking the stuff down and how to manage that. I hope that you're feeling better--congrats on having a baby!! That's great! Thanks again--take care!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#2599 - 03/12/03 12:33 PM
Snow for Sarala

Thanks so much for writing me back! It's a big help to talk to people who have been through the same thing you're about to go through. I hope you're feeling better and that things are going well for you. Take care!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2053 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1155

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review