All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Hey guys!! I'm sooo happy!!!
      #2547 - 03/12/03 12:04 AM
Sweetwater

Reged: 03/01/03
Loc: NJ, USA

Things are going GREAT with this diet!! I went to Whole Foods on Sunday with my mom and I got tons of great snacks for me! I tried soy icecream and I LOVE IT!!!!! It was only a pint, everything we bought was the mini version, b/c if I didn't like it, then ya know....and if I did like it, we would get more later! So I bought this non-dairy frozen yogurt called, "Soy Delicious", and it was Cookies N Cream! It was sooo yummy! It tasted BETTER than normal icecream!!!! And there wasn't much fat in it either!!! It was soooooooooooooo nice to eat icecream again! I haven't had it in God knows how long!

What else did I get? Thai noodles--wasn't too impressed, b/c I didn't like the garlic and the pepper that was in it, and I'm not used to rice noodles. Very weird. I got some little bags of chips. One is called, "Stacy's Pita Chips." They're really awesome!! They taste like bagel chips! I also tried these soy chips, forgot what they were called, but they only had 1 gram of fat in them!!! WOW!! That is amazing!!! (they were like mini rice-cakes) I also bought organic stuff as well: Organic soda: No caffeine, gluten free, sodium free, no artificial colors or flavors, no cornsyrup in it either! I got "Wild Cherry" its good! We got Organic white bread, but I had it for lunch today and it tasted a lot like sour dough! I don't really like sour dough. And Organic "Rainbow Rings" cereal. They taste just like Fruit Loops!!!! There's no wheat in it either!

I'm still getting used to soy milk. I LOVE the Silk Chocolate Soy milk! YUM! We bought a BIG container of it! My mom bought choc. soy the other day, called, "VitaSoy." YUCK!!! It's so gross! But today, she made instant pudding with the choc. soy and the pudding (even tho it came out runny), it was really awesome!!! I just had some!

I also need to know if the "Turkey O'Toole's" at Bennigans can be a trigger food??? It's really greasy, but I could ask them to not use too much oil, right? My boyfriend wanted to take me out to dinner there tonight, it's our fave place to go! I don't always get sick from the Turkey O'Toole. It's a pretzel roll, with sliced turkey and melted swiss cheese with honey mustard. It's soooo greasy tho! Just the thought of all that grease, makes me feel sick!!! LOL

So all this new stuff I bought, is it IBS safe, do you know??? I also got Heather's most recent book, IBS: The First Year! My mom and I are reading it! She's helping me with this diet. And I've been losing weight as well! This diet really works, and my tummy is like, "Ahhhh...." calmly! I feel great, cept right now, b/c my "Aunt Flow" is coming and I've got cramps!

And one more thing: How often should I take a fiber supplement? I've been talking Metamucil before I eat in the morning, and for lunch....should I take it before all 3 meals, or before snacks, or before everything I eat??? Okay, I think I've rambled enuf! Laterz

-JiLLie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hey guys!! I'm sooo happy!!! new
      #2582 - 03/12/03 10:36 AM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

Wow! It sounds as if you did really well with your shopping trip! The only item that I noticed you bought that might be a trigger food is the soda. Carbonated beverages can be a trigger even if they're free from all the other "bad stuff" (caffeine etc.). But otherwise your list sounded great--have fun!

Oh, and as for the sandwich, the grease and also the cheese could be problematic. Can you get them to make it with less grease and NO cheese? Best of luck!

#2594 - 03/12/03 12:22 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Yay! This is great! Thanks for letting us know how things are going - you really scored at Whole Foods. I love that store.

TessLouise is right about the soda - watch out for the carbonation. Otherwise it sounds like you got some great goodies!

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#2609 - 03/12/03 12:48 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

What kind of pita chips did you buy? I am planning on buying some and I was wondering which ones to try.

#2648 - 03/13/03 12:42 AM
Sweetwater

I love the "Naked" pita chips! They have a little bit of sea salt on them, and they're really good! They're in a black and light blue bag. There's another bag of Stacy's pita chips that I tried, and they're in a black and purple bag, called, Cinnamon & Sugar. They're "okay". It was just like the Naked chips, but with cinnamon and sugar on it, so it was a little weird. They have a few other kinds which I haven't tried yet, but you can buy mini bags of them, to test out the flavors! Let me know if you get them and if you like them!

Heather.....thank you! new
      #2649 - 03/13/03 12:50 AM
Sweetwater

Heather, you are so awesome! Thank you SOOO much for all your help! You are amazing! You wrote 2 books for IBS that have helped SO many people, myself included (each day, I learn something new), and ur still testing out new recipes and stuff like that! You must be so busy, and then you come on here and help us on this message board!!! You totally rock!! You really are heaven sent!!! I'm so grateful for you, your books, and all the ppl on this board! I've tried soo many different medications for my IBS and tried to cut back on dairy and bad trigger foods, but I've never been able to do this! Until now! I feel soo motivated and I feel like i have something to live for. I really feel like I can live a normal life on this diet. I'm sooo happy, that i could cry! I have so much gratitude for what you have done and are doing! I thank you, my mother thanks you, my friends thank you, my tummy thanks you!!! My friends are so happy for me, b/c this is all I've been talking about lately! They're sooo glad that I'm not in pain anymore, and that I'm eating healthy!!!!

My one friend is Vegan, and she is so glad that I'm eating similar to her now! She gives me a lot of great ideas!!! And the stuff I try, that I don't like, I give to her! That way, it doesn't go to waste! I hate wasting stuff and money! LOL My brother is getting married next year in March, and I'm going to be a bridesmaid in his wedding! I've been wanting to go on some sort of diet to lose some weight, and this diet is working! I feel so good! Thank you Heather and everyone else on this website!!! The support on here is amazing! So I just wanted to say thanks, but don't worry, I'll still be coming on this board to check stuff out!

Laterz,
Jillie

#2672 - 03/13/03 06:20 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I am part of a natural co-op and next month Stacy pita chips are on sale. I have to buy 12/ 6oz bags of them at a time, unless some of the other girls split it with me. I wanted to see which ones you liked so I knew which ones to try. I haven't seen them in the stores yet. I have looked, I have a major sweet tooth so I would probable like the cinnamon and sugar ones. Is $1.80 a good price for them? I may just have to see if the other girls will order them and then maybe we can get a couple different types. Thank you.

#2774 - 03/13/03 10:51 PM
Sweetwater

Quote:

I am part of a natural co-op and next month Stacy pita chips are on sale. I have to buy 12/ 6oz bags of them at a time, unless some of the other girls split it with me. I wanted to see which ones you liked so I knew which ones to try. I haven't seen them in the stores yet. I have looked, I have a major sweet tooth so I would probable like the cinnamon and sugar ones. Is $1.80 a good price for them? I may just have to see if the other girls will order them and then maybe we can get a couple different types. Thank you.

That is sooo awesome!!! I just looked on the back of my bag and the other flavors are labeled on there! Here they are:
-Simply Naked (my fave)
-Parmesan Garlic & Herb (not sure what color...green maybe?)
-Pesto & Sundried Tomato
-Texarkana Hot
-Cinnamon Sugar

You probably would like the cinnamon and sugar! If you want, you can go to www.pitachips.com and order some, if thats easier! Have fun!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3117 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1675

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review