All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
What test should I ask for?
      #24735 - 10/29/03 10:35 AM
Bourget

Reged: 07/16/03
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Ok, so I was put on Nexium for my GERDS, but I don't know what I ate and its reacting again, while i"m still on the medictaion. I am trying so hard to eat properly, honestly, I feel everything reacts my IBS and GERDS.
I was up all night with chest pains from GERDS, now my left side hurts all day. I haven't been able to eat because everytime I eat I feel sick.
Because my GERDS has reacted, my IBS is in full force.
I just feel real down about all of this.
My husband is trying to get us all eating healthy, he picked up such healthy foods for us....we had roast beef last night and potatoes and i coudln't even eat it.

SO, I am thinking about going to my doctor and demanding to get tests done. I know I have GERDS and stuff...but its made me so concerned. I have such reflux that I want to throwup. I"m wondering if soemthing is up in my stomach.
I had an endoscopy done last year and they took 5 biopsies from my stomach but they were all begnine.

WHat should I do?

Jennifer

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What test should I ask for? new
      #24815 - 10/29/03 02:09 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I not sure about tests - did your gastroscopy look at the state of your gullet and stomach?

Are you sticking to the diet? Roast beef doesn't sound so good...? With my reflux I have to avoid all fruit juice, I can eat or drink anything cold or fast (particularly water - it just seems to churns the acid up). I can't have carbonated drinks or much tomatoes OR salad of any sort... The list goes on and on.

If you're sticking to soluble fibre foods and nothing spicy, as well as the stuff above, then you shouldn't always have a problem.

Hope this helps. Linz

#24816 - 10/29/03 02:14 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Maybe ask for an ultra-sound of both your chest and belly, do you have gallstones? I did and they gave me such horrible pain and made me nauseas all the time.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#24848 - 10/29/03 06:44 PM
shawneric

Reged: 01/30/03
Loc: Oregon

FYI

Current Approach to the Diagnosis of Irritable Bowel Syndrome

http://www.aboutibs.org/Publications/diagnosis.html

--------------------
My website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com

Re: For LINZ: What test should I ask for? new
      #25187 - 11/02/03 12:21 PM
marnie

Reged: 09/17/03

Hi again,

You sound like me!!! I have GERDS too and have to avoid all the same things PLUS others. Just wondering what other things you also avoid!!!??? Also, what do you fine good to eat??? Chocolate is a no no, unfortunately!

Thanks,

Marnie

Edited by marnie (11/02/03 12:25 PM)

Marnie new
      #25287 - 11/03/03 06:16 AM
Linz

I find room temperature soya milk helps out. It's just so soothing. My fiance actually got me started on this cos his dad (who's in pharmaceuticals) always had him drink milk.

Luckily(!) I find chocolate doesn't upset my GERDS - just lower down with the solid stuff. I wonder why this is a problem for you?

I'm still learning about what foods are good when. But did I mention the baddie of salad?!

Do you ever get bile/acid come up into the back of your throat? This is the worst thing ever for me. I didn't even know it was possible until it happened.

Linz

For Linz: Re: Marnie new
      #25644 - 11/05/03 11:24 AM
marnie

That was how I found I had GERDS was with the acid coming right up......horrible! After using pepcid for awhile, I went for endoscopy (same as gastrophy) and they diagnosed GERDS.

Actually I can get away w/some.....chocolate .....as long as I'm doing well w/IBS! I stary away from perrermint, citrus, actually almost all fruits and NO FRUIT JUICE as has so much fructose. Now I wonder if fructose is another intolerance!!!???

I can get away w/some tomato & lettuce on sandwich, esp. lettuce. BUT...NOTHING SPICY!!!!!!!!!!

I stay away from soy as made fr. beans which I can't tolerate AT ALL......GAS and sends me right to JOHN!!! Love rice milk tho and so happy I found that. All I drink besides that is hot or cold tea.......no lemon or artificial sweeteners.

If IBS is good, I eat some ice cream or pudding w/reg. milk but take a Lactose tablet!!!!!!!!!!

FINALLY got presc. fr. GI yest. for Librax 3/x day!!!!!! I used to take it 4/x and did good and then the Prevacid for the GERDS also seemed to help more. I actually DID get away w/drinking a bit of orange juice in FL last winter. Had it 1 or 2x.

I KNOW it's just sooooooooo hard, but find the better IBS is the more no no Gerds food I can tolerate. Do you find it to be the same?????

Marn

You can make ice cream and pudding from rice milk. -nt- new
      #25652 - 11/05/03 11:39 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Heather: Tks. a LOT!!! -nt-Re: You can make ice cream and pudding from rice milk. -nt- new
      #25653 - 11/05/03 11:41 AM
marnie

Re: For Linz new
      #25898 - 11/07/03 02:17 AM
Linz

Definitely Marnie! If I'm doing really well I can drink OJ too - wish I could right now. I'm doing pretty badly and I don't know why. V. frustrating!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1537 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1138

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review