All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
oatmeal questions
      #23951 - 10/19/03 11:10 PM
barb n

Reged: 10/14/03

I did a search on this, but didn't find the answer ---- It seems like some people make a reference to eating oatmeal every other day. Is that a system that is supposed to be good? My daughter has a tendency to get with one food and only eat that, say, for breakfast over a long period of time -- she's finding that oatmeal and soymilk seem to be agreeing with her now that she has started this diet -- do you see any problem with her having that every morning? Would it be better to vary that -- and why? Thanks !

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: oatmeal questions new
      #23954 - 10/20/03 12:01 AM
marnie

Reged: 09/17/03

Barb,

Probably ok as long as it agrees w/her. But she could have rice krispies on alternating days for a variation.

I eat oatmeal every other day and it seems to help me!

By the way, I hear the Subway turkey or chicken subs are fine. As w/anything, have them leave off anything that triggers her.

OH.......applebutter for rice cakes, etc. Bananas are good too for a snack.

And NOW....it's smoothie time. If you don't have that recipe, look under the Recipe Exchange.

I'm newer to this.....so imagine others can give you alot more and better tips.

Marnie

#23962 - 10/20/03 07:35 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

There shouldn't be any problem with eating oatmeal everyday for a lond period. I have been doing it for about 2 years now!! Just make sure her overall diet is varied enough that she is getting all the vitamins and stuff she needs, or make sure she is taking a multi-vitamin.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Yep - I agree. -nt- new
      #24004 - 10/20/03 12:03 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#24020 - 10/20/03 12:37 PM
Saralou

Reged: 10/18/03
Loc: Maryland

My mother complains that I do the exact same thing: tire out one thing or the other to the very extreme. I personally do not see anything wrong with eating oatmeal everyday except for the fact that the best food advice I have ever received is: variety, variety, variety!! But I grew up on oatmeal or cream of wheat every morning (basketball players childhood breakfast staple--that's why they are all so tall...as am I.)
When you deal with soemthing like IBS, it is sometimes difficult to find anything that agrees with you, so if you find something...stick to it!
Good Luck!

#24055 - 10/20/03 07:04 PM
louise

Reged: 02/05/03
Loc: canada

Hi; iAM THE same way with rice porridge. IT IS THE only thing I can have in the morning that keeps me stable. I like having it to sort of put bulk in me, and i too, have it everyday.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3403 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 711

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review