All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Sit-ups and IBS....
      #23455 - 10/15/03 08:47 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

Does anyone do sit-ups on a regular basis? And, if so, can it help IBS? I know lately I have been more IBS-C than IBS-D and my abdomen gets bloated and kind of hard and was wondering if sit-ups would help. I'm not over-weight really, but I do have a "kangaroo pouch" on my belly.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Sit-ups and IBS.... new
      #23458 - 10/15/03 09:33 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I've got the same pouch! HATE IT! I do 5 miles 4 times a week on an eliptical trainer, stretches and light weights with my arms but I can NOT do sit-ups on a regular basis, they hurt my tummy too much! I think any exercise is good, especially for C, I find the more cardio I do the more "regular" I am. I am always bloated and wish I could find something to get rid of that too.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#23459 - 10/15/03 09:41 AM
Nugget

Thanks.....I need to get back into my walking routine...but it's hard now that the days are shorter and it gets dark so soon after work.

#23460 - 10/15/03 09:58 AM
Olivia

Reged: 08/20/03
Loc: Detroit, Mi

Hi there,

Fow a while I was working out, weights and cardio including a lot of situps, for about three months, four to five times a week. Pretty intense. Throughout that whole time I ate whatever I wanted, this was before I realized my problems were IBS related, I am IBS-D.

I did not have a single problem with IBS symptoms while I was working out. I think it really helped that I was working out so much. Plus it really got rid symptoms brought on by stress and forced my body to relax.

I am getting back on a work out schedule, but I still do situps almost everyday and it seems to help me. I don't know why, but it works so I do it.

Hope this helps,
Olivia

thank you...your ideas and insight does help...n/t new
      #23467 - 10/15/03 11:04 AM
Nugget

#23503 - 10/15/03 03:09 PM
Kristen

Reged: 08/07/03
Loc: Barre, VT (Home): Syracuse, NY (School)

Hi,

I also workout a lot...everyone says I am obsessed because I go to the gym pretty much every day. I do so because when I workout in the morning I find that I rarely have attacks during the day unless I overeat in one sitting or have a trigger food. Working out is literally one of the BEST ways I control my IBS. If I didn't go to the gym every morning I know I would have more attacks. I know getting motivated to get to the gym or to do any physical activity is not easy for everyone, but once you get in the routine you crave a good workout!
Kristen

Instead of sit ups, try some yoga poses... new
      #23520 - 10/15/03 03:39 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

There are sequences and pictures in yoga section of the board here web page

Also check the yoga board for poses. Twists are especially helpful!

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1382 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 876

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review