All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Sad about pudding
      #22779 - 10/08/03 06:33 AM
mtpriss

Reged: 10/02/03
Loc: Ridgeland,MS

I'm so very sad. I have been eating the Banana Rice pudding this week and I love it. But something in it is giving my painful gas! Why oh why can't I find something good and quick for breakfast!?!? Just wanted to vent a little I guess. Thanks.
othermags

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Sad about pudding new
      #22802 - 10/08/03 09:45 AM
Ash

Reged: 09/10/03
Loc: Bellevue, WA

Are you making it with soy milk? If so, try making it with rice milk. Soy milk gives me horrible gas, but rice milk doesn't and it tastes better too! Unfortunately, it doesn't have as much protein as soy milk but you could always put a little protein powder in your pudding if you wanted.

#22810 - 10/08/03 10:33 AM
mtpriss

Reged: 10/02/03
Loc: Ridgeland,MS

Thank you for the advice! I'll have to try that. The thing is, right now, everything is giving my gas, bloating, pain, and/or D. My tummy just won't settle! I am so tired of this. Hopefully, after my colonoscopy next week I'll have some answers and some solutions.
Thank you for the tip, I'll give it a try.
othermags

#22812 - 10/08/03 10:54 AM
Ash

Reged: 09/10/03
Loc: Bellevue, WA

When I am really unstable, I try to stay away from all soy and fruit (especially apples or prunes!) because those give me pain and gas. You might want to try just eating chicken, sweet potatoes, and rice until thing settle down a bit -- that seems to work for me. Also, fennel and CharcoCaps can help with the gas, and peppermint tea or capsules really help the pain.

I hope you feel better soon!

Ash

Definitely try some fennel for the gas and bloating... new
      #22816 - 10/08/03 11:05 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

drink strong hot fennel tea throughout the day, and it will help head off problems. Make sure you're not drinking anything carbonated too. Brewing anise, oregano, or caraway into tea can work really well also.

Fennel info is here web page

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 658 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 922

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review