All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
going in
      #22550 - 10/06/03 11:12 AM
mtpriss

Reged: 10/02/03
Loc: Ridgeland,MS

My old fp got me an appt for this afternoon with a GI in town. Called him up personally when the receptionist told me it'd be the end of the month. I love that man. So I'm going in at 3:45 to talk. Scared! Even though I've been eating the IBS diet since Sat., my gut is still torn up. Even after the rice pudding today I had gas and D. I can't seem to regulate! Just wouldn't mind some thoughts and prayers this afternoon. Y'all have been so nice!
thanks
mags

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: going in new
      #22569 - 10/06/03 01:50 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - Check here for info to know before you see the doc web page and here too web page

That will let you know what they should check you for and what your symptoms should be to match IBS. Also check here web page for a list of questions to ask your doc.

Good luck!

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

colonoscopy new
      #22578 - 10/06/03 03:05 PM
mtpriss

Loc: Ridgeland,MS

After chatting with the GI for 10-15 minutes and him poking around and listening, he said he wants to do a colonoscopy. He's worried about the blood and how sever my symptoms have become recently. So, next Tuesday I go in. I almost put up with the pain and went to Taco Bell one last time! I stayed strong though! I knew I wouldn't want to deal with the next 2 days of D. Anyway, thought I'd keep y'all posted. He also wanted to go ahead and do the procedure b/c the NuLev wasn't doing anything for me. Y'all think this is too quick and drastic? He said that it sounds like IBS and most likely is, but he wants to make sure some other things aren't going on before we start working on the IBS. He said there are tons of options and treatments to help control that. I really liked him!
Comments?
mags

Re: colonoscopy new
      #22583 - 10/06/03 03:36 PM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

Wow, it sounds like you had an awesome doctor's visit, Othermags! (Sorry, inside joke--at work there's Rebecca and Otherrebecka.) Anyway, it sounds as if you've found a real treasure, someone who listens to your concerns, acts appropriately and decisively on your behalf, and offers you an array of options--and the hope that you will feel better. If you've recently become much less stable or the doc's worried about blood in your stool, then yes, the colonoscopy is the way to go. This doctor is right on.

Re: going in new
      #22585 - 10/06/03 03:40 PM
maryh

Loc: IL

Mags: Sorry you are not feeling so hot-good for you to get in to GI doctor! I finally called a good gi doc and go in a week from this friday!We can compare stories! mary

--------------------
Whatever doesn't kill me will make me stronger!

#22589 - 10/06/03 03:55 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I think he sounds great and you should go ahead with the colonscopy. I think you found a doc that cares about your health - too many others are not so lucky. Here is a great post on how to prepare for the colonoscopy: web page

Good luck!

#22599 - 10/06/03 04:32 PM
peaches

Reged: 09/28/03
Loc: Fort Wayne, Indiana

Definitley check out the website Mags just posted. It's very helpful! I have a colonoscopy and a sigmoidoscopy both on Friday and I'm really nervous about the prep, but I know that the surgery will be fine most likely. My grandpa has had it done three times and said that it was just that the rest of the day he was groggy, but that the next day he was fine. I just thought I'd thank Mags again for that site and tell you to definitley read through it!

--------------------
It comes down to the art of living on [color/red]

#22609 - 10/06/03 05:26 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

You're welcome, but you should thank JillSklar since she posted all that great info.! I wish I'd had that info before my colonoscopy.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1551 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 874

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review