Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Chamomile Tea- is this true?
      #21900 - 09/28/03 08:50 PM
WS

Reged: 08/09/03
Loc: California

Hi everyone,
I was recently told not to drink Chamomile tea too often as it is toxic. My, my, they have been using it for 2000 years. What does anyone know about this?
WS

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Chamomile Tea- is this true? new
      #21965 - 09/29/03 12:21 PM
ArtKen

Reged: 07/12/03
Loc: Brantford, Ontario, Canada

I drink it because mainly because of stress which irritates my problem.

At present travelling back and forth from one city to another to visit aging mother who is dying from cancer.

Chamoile tea right now is a godsend as far as relaxing symptoms. I think if it was toxic somebody would have found out by now,

#21968 - 09/29/03 12:52 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - I've never heard this. It's certainly been used for centuries without problems. You can be allergic to it, especially if you have hayfever, as it's a member of the daisy family. There's detailed info on chamomile here web page

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#22025 - 09/29/03 06:40 PM
maryhoe

Reged: 09/17/03
Loc: Illinois

I love chamomile tea-it is very soothing to my insides and peace of mind! i have never heard of it being toxic!!!!!!!!!

#22451 - 10/04/03 04:13 PM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

May I ask who told you this and if they quoted a source for their information? I did a Google search for "chamomile toxic" and came up with page after page about its NON-toxic uses. Here is the only helpful information I found:

Quote:

Chamomile in tea may cause toxic reactions in individuals sensitive to ragweed or allergens (11.1-96). The chamomiles can also cause contact dermititis (11.1-96).

Roman and German chamomile are generally recognized as safe for human consumption as natural seasonings/flavorings and as plant extracts/essential oils from the flowers (21 CFR sections 182.10, 182.20 [1982]).

This is from CHAMOMILE

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1034 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1460

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review