All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Bread Maker
      #2183 - 03/08/03 01:09 PM
Mike

Reged: 03/05/03
Loc: Canada

I just Bought new Black & Decker bread maker and was wondering if I can use all purpose flower? or will it couse an attack.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Bread Maker new
      #2184 - 03/08/03 01:10 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

mike, all purpose flour works GREAT with me

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#2188 - 03/08/03 01:17 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Yep, all purpose white flour is great - all soluble fiber, no insoluble. Whole wheat flour is what you want to be careful with.

Bake away!

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Bread Maker - BETTER FOR BREAD FLOUR new
      #2194 - 03/08/03 01:47 PM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Mike - congrats on buying your B&D breadmaker. I use mine all the time (not a B&D).

You should use flour made specifically for breads because it has a higher gluten content and the breads come out way better than just using regular flour. Any grocery or supermarket has it in the baking section. It comes in a yellow paper bag and is called Better For Bread by Pillsbury, I believe. I always take my flour out of the paper bag and store it in large Tupperware containers so that I don't get weevils (little bugs) and it stays fresher. You can also store it in the freezer to discourage bugs--they don't like the cold, I guess!

If you have any more bread machine questions, I'll be more than happy to accommodate you.

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

#2198 - 03/08/03 02:55 PM
Mike

Reged: 03/05/03

Thanks for the tip SharonMello,can you recommend a safe Margarine or butter.I am mostly having seedless jam.
Thanks Mike

#2201 - 03/08/03 03:50 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I love Soy Garden Natural buttery spread. If you can find it do try it. It is non-diary and a friend of mine, who is a vegan, got me hooked on this.

Re: Bread Maker - Try fruit butters instead of butter/margerine new
      #2211 - 03/08/03 06:49 PM
SharonMello

Loc: Groveland, CA

Mike - Someone mentioned today on the board about Soy Garden natural buttery spread that comes in a green tub at the grocery and health food stores. I haven't tried it yet but will look for it tomorrow.

I love fruit butters on my toast/bread. They're good on flour tortillas too for a snack. I like the pumpkin butter but there's apple butter, peach butter and many others. Just look in specialty stores like Trader Joe's or even the grocery store. Believe me, once you change from butter/margerine, there's no going back because the alternatives are better-tasting! Yum.

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

#2240 - 03/09/03 06:15 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Just another tip - when you're measuring out your dry ingredients, grab a couple medium sized ziplocs and measure out the dry for your next loaves. That way, the next time you make bread, all you have to do is pull the zippy out of the cupboard, dump and add the rest of your ingredients. A shortcut that I use all the time.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6419 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1768

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review