All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Questions: Can I eat this stuff yet???
      #2083 - 03/07/03 02:02 AM
Sweetwater

Reged: 03/01/03
Loc: NJ, USA

Can I still eat yogurt?? Like vanilla or lemon, or the ones that have the fruit blended in, cuz I hate it when it's got fruit at the bottom! I'm SUCH a PICKY EATER, there's not much I like. And I'm not very good at cooking, is there any of these recipes that are in Health Food stores?? I love yogurt tho, and I'm not sure yet if it's a trigger for me. I ate some before and I didn't have an attack..........................yet! LOL

Also, I need to know if I can eat:

-Pirates Booty
-HERRS Sour Cream N Onion chips
-Cinnamon Toast Crunch (dry)
-turkey
-ham
-chicken
-pork???
-gravy?
-swiss cheese (never had a prob with it)
-crumb cake?

One more thing. I got these Peppermint pills awhile ago and they're called "Peppermint Plus" and they're made by Enzymatic Therapy. On the bottle it says it's a "Dietary Supplement to support gastrointestinal tract function." The ingredients in these pills are:
Peppermint (Leaf Oil Extract)
Rosemary (Leaf & Stem extract)
Thyme (Whole plant Oil Extract)

So they say to take 2 capsules between meals three times daily. Should I take this stuff??? Does anyone out there take this? Do you think it's good for me?

Thanks people!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Oops, forgot one................hehe new
      #2084 - 03/07/03 02:06 AM
Sweetwater

How about peanut butter and jelly? Grape Jelly???

Re: Questions: Can I eat this stuff yet??? new
      #2087 - 03/07/03 02:15 AM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

Pirates Booty- i have no idea, look at the ingrediants
-HERRS Sour Cream N Onion chips-NO WAY! Fat level
-Cinnamon Toast Crunch (dry)-uses whole wheat, so no
-turkey-yes
-ham-no (FAT)
-chicken-yes
-pork???-NO (FAT)
-gravy?- i dont know. i stay away from it though
-swiss cheese (never had a prob with it)-stay away from dairy
-crumb cake-check fat level

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#2088 - 03/07/03 02:31 AM
Sweetwater

Hey Angela, thanks for replying! :O) I was just reading one of your posts, called "Restaurant Nightmare".....you poor thing! That really sucks!!!

Re: Oops, forgot one................hehe new
      #2096 - 03/07/03 05:23 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Keep it light on the PB and go nuts with the jelly.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#2097 - 03/07/03 05:57 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Pirates Booty has cheese in it so it wouldn't be good.

#2099 - 03/07/03 07:14 AM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Sweetwater: Hi--I take peppermint oil enteric coated softgels when my gas is acting up and they do seem to help. They're enteric coated so they don't start to "melt" until they get past the stomach. They are by Solaray and have peppermint oil, quercetin (I don't know what this is), rosemary oil, thyme oil and chamomile. 60 softgels cost me $19.99 at a health food store, but Heather said I probably can find them cheaper. I'm checking Wal-Mart this weekend.

I love Pirates Booty. I believe it's baked isn't it? It doesn[t bother me except I eat the whole darn bag at one sitting. Kinda like eating peanuts or potato chips--once you start, it's hard to stop.

The potato chips should be okay IF THEY'RE NOT COOKED IN OIL. Are they baked?

turkey and chicken should be okay if they don't trigger an attach. I'd watch pork and ham, tho. They're much harder on your system and have a high fat content. Gravies are a no-no unless they're the fat free (FF) kind.

Check the ingredients on the other stuff you mentioned and then check those ingredients out in Heather's book or her website.

Have you tried cooking easy things like baking crumb cake? When you cook or bake it yourself, you can control what the ingredients are and know that there are no hidden ingr in it to trigger an attack. Cooking is kinda like a puzzle--if you do everything right, it'll turn out, and sometimes even when you don't do everything right, it turns out! It's a great way to express yourself and use any creative talents you might have that you don't know about yet!!!

Good Luck.
Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

Pirates Booty? new
      #2103 - 03/07/03 07:44 AM
Kimbo

Reged: 02/28/03
Loc: Edmonton, AB, Canada

What is Pirates Booty? (I'm intrigued!)

Re: Pirates Booty? new
      #2105 - 03/07/03 07:49 AM
tara_e

Reged: 02/05/03
Loc: PA, USA

Pirate Booty is the best! It's a cheesy puffy - you know what? I don't know exactly what it is! It's good though. I find it in the chip aisle in my grocery store, by the organic tortilla chips and other organic snacks.

Edited by tara_e (03/07/03 07:51 AM)

#2107 - 03/07/03 07:58 AM
Kimbo

Reged: 02/28/03
Loc: Edmonton, AB, Canada

Hmmm....still have no clue!

Guess I'll have to wait until I'm back on North American soil before I can try it!

Re: Yogurt new
      #2109 - 03/07/03 08:50 AM
Karin

Reged: 02/11/03
Loc: Southern California

Sweetwater: I eat HOMEMADE yogurt that has been cultured at least 24 hours. I purchased a yogurt maker online and am very happy with it. When you culture it for 24 hours it eats up all lactose. It does not bother me to eat it, in fact it's my morning staple blended into a fruit shake with my calcium and fiber. You can also make cream cheese, french cream, and other things with it if you so choose. I'm heading out for the week on Sunday, and will be making a batch to go. I just have to figure out a way to keep it cold on the road......lol.

#2115 - 03/07/03 01:07 PM
Sweetwater

Hey Kimbo, Pirates Booty is a lot like cheese doodles, but they're better for you than cheese doodles!!! They're really good, you should definately try them when you get back!

Sharon, I almost ate that whole bag of "Booty" last night! What a crazy name for that stuff!!!!!!

So I pigged out last night! I haven't had to use the bathroom yet, but I'm sure I will later. So far today, I took a Metamucil pill with a turkey sandwich with FF mayo on it, on white bread toast. And I'm drinking raspberry Arizona Iced Tea. Usually, I'd have a dessert with that, but I'm full!!!! I'm good to go!!! As for taking walks, I think I'll wait till it gets warmer. Only a few weeks to go. There is SOOO much snow around here, and it's sooooo cold! I hate winter!

Anyways, thanks everyone for replying! You rawk!

#2142 - 03/07/03 09:43 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - Try soy yogurt - Silk makes some really good flavors. You'll get the live cultures but without the dairy factor.

You got good answers about your list of particular questions from the other posters. You can also check these two pages list of foods 1 and food - friend or foe? to check safe vs. trigger foods.

Peppermint capsules are fabulous for IBS - there are great clinical studies supporting their effectiveness. Peppermint is a smooth muscle relaxant and digestive aid - definitely give the caps a try.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#2203 - 03/08/03 04:12 PM
Sweetwater

Thanks Heather!!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 7189 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4163

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review