All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
New
      #2045 - 03/06/03 02:22 PM
Mike

Reged: 03/05/03
Loc: Canada

Hi to all,My name is Mike and I need something to eat,I am a male, 32 years old, I smoke (alot),and hate eating Vegetables.I have been living off rice for about 4 to 5 Months now,and I have lost about 25 lbs and still losing does anyone have any advice for my?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: New new
      #2046 - 03/06/03 02:35 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi Mike - Welcome to the board! I'm going to send you to some pages with really detailed dietary info for IBS - this should help you expand your diet from just plain rice. First link is Eating for IBS Second link is Food - Friend or Foe?

There are also lots of IBS safe recipes for you to try. Check the Recipe Exchange on the boards, and also these links: Recipes and Fast and Easy Recipes

For veggies, you might try a wider variety, and things you haven't cooked with before. Maybe roasting root veggies, or blending well-cooked veggies into a pasta sauce or dip for bread, disguising them in soup or stir-frying into an Asian rice or rice noodle dish, etc. You could also make things like safe zucchini bread or carrot cake recipes - great way to get veggies but feel like you're eating dessert!

I know you've probably heard it before, but tobacco is a serious GI tract irritant. Smoking in and of itself can trigger an IBS attack. Quitting is easier said than done, but it is a factor to take into consideration.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Hi Mike new
      #2047 - 03/06/03 02:36 PM
Trish

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Australia

Nice to meet you! Maybe you should get Heather's cookbook, there are some great recipes in it. You must be getting sick of rice by now
Trish

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4787 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 709

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review