Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Heather- best probiotic on the market?
      #20016 - 09/09/03 07:27 AM
schwab

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: Dayton, OH

Heather-
Before I ask my question, I want to thank you for creatign a wonderful resource for IBS sufferers. I have found nothing else like it and wish I found it ealrier. There are so many recipes that I want to make I cannot decide which one to make. My favorites are the Maple Oat Bread and Bengali Chickpea recipe. I love that there is a way to eat good veggies like spinach, etc. when combined, eaten properly. I am dying to eat mostly whole grains, but am not sure I can handle straight oatmeal, etc. and the process of determining trigger foods takes years-unless you want to be in pain all of the time. I am always excited to check the posts and see if I can learn anything new or get another great recipe. I just ordered your teas and peppermint capsules. I religiously drink tea, take peppermint capsules, beano, Citrucel, chew altoids, etc. I am extremely high maintenance, but it is worth it.
Oh-my husband and I went out to eat and he overdid it a little so I gave him a few Altoids and told him to chew them. About 10 min utes later he said he could not believe how much they helped. I was so excited- I said that is why Heather recommends them.

On to my question.
I want to add yet another pill to my daily routine- probiotics- since that may be the reason why I experience so much gas with every food. What is a good, reputable brand that contains the correct amount of live cultures, etc?

Also- what is the best tasting rice milk brand? I cannot drink soy milk- again - the gas.

Thanks again. I look forward to more products being offered- when is the Yoga for IBS DVD coming out?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Heather- best probiotic on the market? new
      #20126 - 09/09/03 06:33 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi, and thanks! I'm so glad you're happy here.

I honestly don't know of a good brand. I wish I did, because the studies on probiotics for IBS are really encouraging. I'd find a good local health food market with a high product turnover, and ask the folks who work in the supplement department what they recommend. I've found the people at Wild Oats and Whole Foods to be really knowledgable, so if you've got those stores to choose from see what they can tell you. Or maybe someone on the boards has experience with a brand that has done well for them?

I love Altoids too. I'm actually trying to get them for the website, but it's been tough to find a distributor. I'd really like to carry their ginger ones, as they're so hard to find in stores.

For rice milk, I like Rice Dream and Pacific. But, everyone has different preferences here. Best bet is to buy a plain and vanilla from a bunch of different brands and experiment. The ones you don't care for straight you can use in recipes and you'll never taste them.

I hope to have the yoga DVD out by Christmas. Now that the website project is wrapping up that's next on the list...

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6659 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 412

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review