All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
QUESTION FOR HEATHER
      #194601 - 07/12/05 11:05 AM
Eliyahu

Reged: 06/25/05

Not sure where to ask: the peppermint caps on sale on this site have gelatin as an inactive ingredient. Is this pig fat/meat, or vegetable?
thanks!

Edited by Eliyahu (07/12/05 05:56 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: question about peppermint caps new
      #194775 - 07/12/05 03:27 PM
angela3

Reged: 07/12/04
Loc: Texas, near Fort Worth)

you might want to flag your question by addressing it directly to Heather in the subject line, because I think she would be the one to answer that.

personally I know that most gelatin does come from animal source usually, so wait and see if Heather answers differently.

Since this is a product question ... new
      #194871 - 07/12/05 07:28 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

you might have better luck contacting the product people directly. You can email Help@HelpForIBS.com. I've done this once or twice for product questions and gotten quick turnaround.

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: QUESTION FOR HEATHER new
      #194882 - 07/12/05 07:51 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - it is gelatin, which is from animal sources. I'm pretty unhappy about this, as I'd like the caps to be vegan. Right now, this isn't physically possible, as there are no vegan gelatins that can withstand oil encapsulation with an enteric coating. There are several manufacturers working on vegan gelatins that could be used in soft gels, and hopefully in enteric coated soft gels as well, but they've been trying for several years so far unsuccessfully. The moment this becomes an option, we'll switch over.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2777 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 420

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review