All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
So is Carageenan safe then?
      #18907 - 08/28/03 04:31 PM

Unregistered

I've checked previous post and didn't find an absolute answer about carageenan. I aslo don't remember reading about it in Heather's books. Is it an IBS trigger? It seems to be in all my desserts like my soy bars, rice (fake ice cream), and I even found it in my vagen sauges.

Could someone let me know if I need to return some of the things I have bought. I had a soy fudge bar last night with some carageenan in it but it seemed to be okay.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Mags doyou know? new
      #19061 - 08/29/03 07:35 PM

Unregistered

Hey Mags!

Do you have the answer for me?

Re: Mags doyou know? new
      #19087 - 08/30/03 06:05 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Hey Robyn!

I remember TessLouise posting this a long time ago. web page

Heather do you know? new
      #19137 - 08/30/03 07:02 PM

Unregistered

Okay I read the web site about it and what t says about cancer and ulcers but it didn't say anything that it would cause an IBS attack.

I'm not looking to eat it everyday but still what's the low down...? It didn't say anything about effects on IBS suffers so i'm still confused if it's okay to have every once and awhile?

Re: Heather do you know? new
      #19144 - 08/30/03 07:33 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

*sigh* I really don't know what to say. Some of the studies that document dangers from it look pretty valid to me. But, it's a natural ingredient (a thickener) that's been used in foods for a really, really long time. I don't particularly think it's associated with IBS attacks. But whether it's going to turn out to be a food product with serious health risks, I just don't know.

Sorry that's not a very confident answer. Personally, I use Silk soy yogurt and soy milk, which both have carageenan, but I worry about it as I'm eating them. So there's my definition of mixed emotions on the topic, I guess.

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1435 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1484

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review