All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Losing weight!? How?
      #18330 - 08/23/03 05:26 PM
till

Reged: 02/11/03

I don't get how so many people lose weight on the IBS diet since it's sky high in carbs. I'm trying so much. I exercise, drink lots of water, eat small portions but the weight's staying on. I weight more than before I found out I had IBS.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Losing weight!? How? new
      #18408 - 08/24/03 03:00 PM
jenz

Reged: 05/09/03
Loc: Uk

hey i really simpathise with you - whilst i havent thankfully put on any weight i am definatly not loosing any weight either and i would realy like to shift half a stone - is there anyone that has lost weight on this diet and can we have an example of the things u are eating - thanks xxx

#18445 - 08/24/03 09:36 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - do a board search on weight loss and you'll find lots of past posts. Look for posts by Zaftig in particular. And check here for general info web page

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#18638 - 08/26/03 05:29 PM
till

Thanks Heather.

#18639 - 08/26/03 05:31 PM
till

When I started the IBS diet I put on weight and now I need to lose it. My goal is 110lbs.
Hang in there.

#18643 - 08/26/03 06:01 PM
andie18

Reged: 08/07/03

I had the same thought as you when I read the way we should be eating according to Heather. Especially, after hearing how bad carbs are, and how we should cut them out and just eat protein.. blah! blah! blah!

I have severe IBS-C as well, to the point where it makes me very depressed as well as gain weight, feel sluggish and bloated (doesn't help that I suffer from depression as well in addition to a very poor body image)

I'm not sure what to say at this point except that you are not alone in your feelings!!

Andie

#18645 - 08/26/03 06:06 PM
till

I know how you feel. I am extremely bloated and my weight goes up when I have c. It's horrible. I wish I weighed 110lbs. again! It's hard to have a good body image when the their are images everywhere showing people what they should look like.

#18648 - 08/26/03 06:28 PM
andie18

Those images certainly don't help. Unfortunately, they will always be there and we have to learn to deal with them by dealing with our own demons... have you spoken to anyone about body image and self esteem?

I hope i'm not overstepping my boundary here

#18748 - 08/27/03 05:34 PM
till

Your not over stepping your boundary. I haven't talked to anyone about self-esteem and body image. I don't really plan to. I don't really think it'll help.

#18757 - 08/27/03 06:48 PM
andie18

No one knows better than you. All I know is the first thing I want to deal with is how lousy this IBS makes my body feel.. then worry about my weight.

Today is especially bad.. i am having the worst chest pains.. like gas is stuck in the centre of my chest making my back and sides hurt.. and i didn't eat all that badly today.

#18932 - 08/28/03 06:54 PM
till

I have really severe IBS. It's hell. I have no idea how I'm still alive. The pain is intolerable. Everyday I wish I was dead. It's that bad! I have horrible gas pains daily. Phazyme helps but not a whole lot!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 8285 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1973

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review