All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Brown vs White Rice
      #17358 - 08/15/03 07:36 AM
andie18

Reged: 08/07/03

Hello,

I understand why white rice is considered a soluble fibre as opposed to brown rice... however, I am eating a new gluten/yeast/wheat free BROWN rice bread.. is this a big mistake, as I cannot find such bread based on white rice.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Brown vs White Rice new
      #17370 - 08/15/03 08:55 AM
Judithg

Reged: 07/14/03
Loc: California

Andie--I think brown rice is a fairly tolerable insoluble fiber, but others can probably clear this issue up for you. I'm just learning myself.

I eat gluten free, and I have found a decent white rice bread in the freezer section of my health food store. I don't have it at the moment and can't remember the name (sorry), but it's worth looking for. I think it may be from EnErGee--they make a lot of gluten free products.

Also, www.glutino.com is a website where you can order gluten-free products, and they have a number of white rice breads. Check it out, and good luck!

Judith

Re: Brown vs White Rice new
      #17419 - 08/15/03 12:15 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - brown rice and oatmeal tend to be the two safest whole grains for IBS. BUT - not everyone can tolerate them. The fact that the brown rice here has been further processed into bread will minimize the risk of its insoluble fiber even further, so the bread is probably safe. Just be aware that it could be a trigger. Have a piece plain on an empty stomach and see how you do. Odds are it will be just fine.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2266 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 493

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review