All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
mucus and gas-delightful subject!
      #16598 - 08/07/03 12:26 PM
mmacrobbie

Reged: 02/12/03

In previous threads I read a lot of people have mucus with their bm, and that this is typical of IBSers, and is not painful. When I do have mucus it is usually accompanied by painful gas, and not accompanied by a bm (no diarrhea before hand either). Is this something that should be brought to the attention of my dr.?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: mucus and gas-delightful subject! Heather?????? new
      #16614 - 08/07/03 01:58 PM
txmom

Reged: 03/24/03
Loc: North Texas

I have the same problem! I have no idea if this is to be expected with IBS. Thanks for posting. I hope we get an answer.

Re: mucus and gas-delightful subject! new
      #16615 - 08/07/03 02:05 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - Just to be safe, I would ask your doc about this. I've never seen particular details given about mucous in bm's and IBS, just that this a common occurrence. Everyone has mucous in their colon - it lubricates things and is perfectly normal. Folks with IBS sometimes produce extra. But I honestly don't know if it's typically just with a bowel movement, or if the painful gas accompanying it is typical or not. My guess is that it's nothing to worry about, but better safe than sorry so see what your doc says.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1781 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 616

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review