All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
For Mags new
      #16384 - 08/05/03 04:05 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I like the idea of a "kick butt" lunch. Yes, these are the same friends that took me out for my birthday. They are very nice women (two of them are making slipcovers for my dining room chairs and not charging me a penny!), but when it comes to food, they are what I call "food pushers." (you know what I mean----they want everyone to eat what they eat.)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

RLU new
      #16385 - 08/05/03 04:07 PM
BL

I love Lo Mein noodles, but have never prepared them at home. How could I do this and make it IBS safe? Doesn't it need some type of oil?

For Morven new
      #16387 - 08/05/03 04:10 PM
BL

Thanks for the reply. It's nice to know others understand. I can't believe your friends thought you had an eating disorder! Unfortunately, when others get us upset about our eating, then we get more upset and it does trigger another attack. (that's what I was afraid would happen today). Hopefully, soon my friends will understand. I'm waiting for the day.

For Ashley new
      #16388 - 08/05/03 04:12 PM
BL

Yes, this group could use some re-educating when it comes to food. Most of them have been on Atkins lately and have eaten the most disgusting high fat, greasy foods. They won't touch a potato, rice, or a piece of bread though. That just cracks me up!!!

For Robyn new
      #16389 - 08/05/03 04:14 PM
BL

I am going to get Heather's book tonight that has all the recipes in it. I will definitely try the chocolate applesauce cake. They will be shocked that I can eat that! Thanks for the suggestion.

For Judith new
      #16390 - 08/05/03 04:17 PM
BL

This is exactly what cracks me up! Most of these friends have been on Atkins lately and won't eat a potato, rice or piece of bread for anything. But they will eat the most fattening, greasy foods. This cannot be good for their health.
Today I tried explaining how much pain I am in when I do eat the wrong foods, and one of them laughed and said, "You are so dramatic." That's when I thought I needed to leave, before I had it out with them. You think PMS is bad. A women with IBS and bipolar can get really nasty! It's not a pretty picture!

For ecmmbm new
      #16391 - 08/05/03 04:25 PM
BL

Although I hate that that is the way it is with your family, I'm glad to know someone understands what I am going through. I knew today was going to be hard. I had accepted that I probably wouldn't be able to eat anything they prepared, so I just went with the attitude that I would visit with them and not concentrate on the food. But it was hard when everyone kept calling it to my attention. "You're not eating!!!" (like I had forgotten to fix myself a plate. Ha!) Boy, and it was my favorite---Mexican food, which I would die for. I made a joke that I could enjoy it by just smelling the good aromas, but I'm still surprised that they wouldn't lay off the comments and let me be. It's going to be a slow process of educating them, I know. Please pray for me that God will give me patience. This is not one of my strengths! I really need to get out of the house and socialize, and Tuesday mornings is something I've always looked forward to. I don't want to dread the occasion. I want to go with a good attitude. Next week should be better because it will be at my house---and that puts me in control of the menu.

Also.. new
      #16394 - 08/05/03 05:03 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Maybe not next week, but sometime you may want to try the Apple Spice Walnut Bread from The First Year. I posted it here for Angela a long time ago if you need the recipe.

I made this for the office last Christmas and only told 2 people it was low fat & healthy. They didn't believe it! I also made it for my mom and my stepdad tried some & liked it. My mom usually has to smuggle low-fat, FF, etc. things to him, or he thinks they don't taste good. Weird, eh?

Anyway, if I could fool these guys, I figured you may be able to fool your friends!

Re: RLU new
      #16405 - 08/05/03 06:03 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - check the garden veggie lo mein recipe in Eating for IBS. You'll use a small amount of oil for stir-frying, but the overall fat content of the recipe is very low, and the soluble fiber basis is high.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: For ecmmbm new
      #16406 - 08/05/03 06:13 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

I will pray for you on this. I understand. Don't give up - keep at it! Hugs!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 750 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 25009

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review