All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Took Novo Fibre-Tabs and my tummy is upset
      #16067 - 08/02/03 02:25 PM

Unregistered

I took for the first time today Novo Fibre-Tabs for my soulable fibre with sourdough bread. I took one tablet and it upset my tummy.
I had 2 cups of Fennel tea and lots of Chamomile/Ginger tea trying to settle my tummy. (It feels like its on the ocean rolling but not with naseau!) I tried to also eat oatmeal to settle my stomach. Is this normal? I have a bad reaction to Metimucal. What can I do to settle my stomach? And should I keep taking the tabs to get my soluable fibre? In the meantime i'm going to take a Buscopan and hot water bottle and lay down.
Please let me know......

Edited by Robyn (08/02/03 02:30 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Took Novo Fibre-Tabs and my tummy is upset new
      #16072 - 08/02/03 03:45 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Hi Robyn - I'm not familiar with Novo Fibre-Tabs, so I'm not sure if you should keep taking them. Hopefully Heather can help you with that part.

Are you sure you can handle oatmeal okay? Some people don't tolerate that well, so I was wondering if this could be contributing to your discomfort. Maybe you could try some white rice? That usually helps my tummy get settled, or if I'm not that hungry, a couple of saltine crackers does the trick for me sometimes also.

Keep drinking your tea, and hopefully things should settle down for you soon. Hope you're feeling better by the time you read this.

#16087 - 08/02/03 06:49 PM

Unregistered

Thanks Mags

I can handle oatmeanl and have been doing well with Heahter's diet for the last 2 weeks. The Novo Fibre-tabs is a citrus fibre tablet.I checked and it is a souluable fibre tablet. I tried to find the soluable fibres that Heather recommended in her books but we don't have them. It's about all they sell where I live in this area of Canada.It was seither this or Metimucial which really hurts and causes cramping pain. I did have some rice pudding today to settle back again. It's better tonight. And peppermint tea is actually helping me when it usually upsets my system.

#16090 - 08/02/03 07:28 PM
*Melissa*

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Hope things work out for you with the NFT's. I hate that they don't have as much variety in Canada as they do here in the US.

chicken strips new
      #16105 - 08/02/03 10:28 PM
jasperlovel

Reged: 05/21/03

HI EVERYONE MY WIFE AND I WENT TO HAVE CHICKEN STRIPS WITH MASH,POTATOES . COLESLAW TO WITH 2 BISQITES. LATER I STARTED HVE GAS PAINS. WHAT CASUED THIS TO HAPPEN EVERYONE?

--------------------
ive had ibs for 8 years now. im learning alot on this web board. thanks again everyone

#16107 - 08/02/03 10:37 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - Since you were doing better with just the diet, you might want to stick to the soluble fiber foods and avoid the supplements for now. I'm not familiar with Novo tabs - something in the flavoring or coloring might have upset you. I'm trying to get some soluble fiber supplements available on line for a lot less money than medichest.com for folks outside the US. I'm getting so frustrated with this situation...

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: chicken strips new
      #16108 - 08/02/03 10:39 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - Odds are it was fat and dairy that set you off. Were the chicken strips fried? Restaurant mashed potatoes are usually loaded with butter and cream. The coleslaw probably had a mayonnaise dressing, which is pure fat. And the biscuits would have had a ton of shortening, or butter, or even lard in them. That plus the insoluble fiber of the coleslaw would have been enough to trigger problems in just about anyone with IBS.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#16112 - 08/02/03 10:52 PM
jasperlovel

Reged: 05/21/03

yes the chicken strips from kuntucky fried chicken we went to must have ben greasy to. how about the skin from chicken strips. is that goood for people with ibs.

--------------------
ive had ibs for 8 years now. im learning alot on this web board. thanks again everyone

#16115 - 08/03/03 06:14 AM
suzyq

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: Northern Ont. Canada

I cringe everytime my father-in-law's birthday rolls around. I know what is for supper! Kentucky Fried Chicken! I usually bring my own meal from home. Not putting down the company; but before my husband and daughter eat a piece of chicken I soak up as much grease as I can with paper towels! I love the smell but CANNOT eat the food! I may take one piece of the popcorn chicken but that is it!!

supplements online new
      #16141 - 08/03/03 10:25 AM
*Melissa*

Heather - if you sold fiber supplements online, do you think that would encourage them to sponsor you?

#16182 - 08/04/03 05:58 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

skin is not a good idea for folks with IBS.

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 881 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3143

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review