All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
To much Fennel?
      #16032 - 08/01/03 04:16 PM

Unregistered

Is it possible to be drinking to much Fennel tea or having it candy coated? I read that it can induce your period and I make sure that I regularly get a depo shot to not get my period because of the intense pain that even medication can't help and of course it triggers and IBS attack (i've had scopes and nothing is wrong inside).

I find the peppermint doesn't help me, ginger makes me have indigestion. I purchased cat nip today but have not tried it yet though I do use Chamomile at night with 4 tea bags to fall asleep at night. I always have a lot of bloating.
Heather your books are incredible. Thank you so much for writting them. I follow them like it's a bible!!!

Edited by Driscal (08/01/03 04:33 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: To much Fennel? new
      #16034 - 08/01/03 05:53 PM
cloudygirl

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: Washington

Hi Driscal,
I love Fennel tea. I don't think you can drink too much. I'm not sure. I too get bloated a lot. My problem is lower intestinal gas. Soo embarresing. I'm on Bentyl too, which helps.
Have you had negative reactions to Fennel?
Cloudygirl

#16038 - 08/01/03 07:34 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - Fennel should be completely safe for regular use. I haven't seen anything at all about it inducing or interfering with menstruation - I'll try to find out more about that.

You can try anise or caraway - they're both very good for gas and bloating and for painful spasms too.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#16047 - 08/01/03 09:40 PM

Unregistered

Hi
Thanks for the info everyone. I found the info in "Perscription for Nutritional Healing,' by Balch & Balch.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3694 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1280

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review