Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: I Feel Like I Need to Apologize new
      #14912 - 07/25/03 11:35 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Don't feel bad at all!

You and your venting is welcome anytime! No one judges anyone for venting here. It's so nice to have a place to be like that and have everyone understand.

Honestly - I went home and told my husband about you last night and how terrible I felt for you because I understand totally what it's like.

Please don't feel bad, everyone is human and has bad days. Don't be so hard on yourself!

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: One Thing I Forgot to Mention new
      #14917 - 07/25/03 11:59 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - You're right, you (and everyone else) need fat in their diet. Fat free is just not healthy. And you're right that it's likely to get things moving for you, as fat is a huge gastrointestinal stimulant.

Try gradually increasing your daily quantity of healthy fats, like olive oil, canola oil, avocados, ground nuts, salmon or tuna, flax oil, etc. Have the fats incorporated with soluble fiber, and work up from 20% of your diet or so to 30%. That might be really helpful - just go slow and steady, and keep the fats as heart-healthy as possible.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1976 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1908

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review