All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Safe baked potato toppings?
      #1454 - 02/26/03 12:15 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

I'm in the super-safe mode right now, still, and I'm going to be going out to eat with family this weekend. From what I can tell my best bet at this place is going to be a plain baked potato. Is there anything I can bring from home to "top" it with - I cannot imagine eating it completely plain, but I will if that's what I have to do to stay feeling good, of course. Thanks!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Safe baked potato toppings? new
      #1456 - 02/26/03 12:34 PM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Ecm...You can take I Can't Believe It's Butter spray w/you (tastes like real butter) and some dried dill weed. Sometimes that's all I eat on them. How about some cooked turkey bacon crumbled, too. I'm sure the creative people on this board will have more suggestions for you.
Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

#1461 - 02/26/03 12:54 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

See if the restaurant has a mild salsa you can top it with. Or some plain, diced or shredded poached chicken breast. Squeeze fresh lemon wedges over it, or ask for fat free salad dressing (Italian or honey mustard is really good over baked potatoes). They might also have plain steamed rice and grilled fish.

Take a few soluble fiber pills with you to have right before you eat out. That will keep you extra safe.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#1464 - 02/26/03 01:07 PM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

If you can tolerate the fat content, Tofutti makes Sour Supreme Better than Sour Cream. It's completely dairy-free and tastes good mixed with some lemon juice. I also posted (on the recipe board) a recipe for homemade tofu sour cream. I haven't tried it, but it sounds good. You could put a few spoonfuls of either of those in a snack-size container and bring it with you. Go all the way and add some snipped chives, too!

#1468 - 02/26/03 01:18 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

Garlic and salt. i have lots of garlic on my potato every night

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 955 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3300

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review