All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
easy solution... new
      #14290 - 07/17/03 11:29 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

You can always email me the pic (heatherandcompany@yahoo.com) and I'll post it for ya!

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Bloating new
      #14324 - 07/18/03 11:16 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

As I've been reading the posts, I've noticed that most everyone bloats in their abdominal region. Anyone notice bloating anywhere else? I swear I'll wake up in the morning and my thighs will be one size, and by the middle of the day they're another size, and then back to the same size in the evening! I've noticed this with my arms and feet as well.

- Jennifer

--------------------
- Jennifer

#14327 - 07/18/03 11:43 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

That sounds like fluid retention to me, big time! I'd suggest checking out the sodium in your diet, cut out any sodas/coffee/etc if you consume any of these, and drink TONS AND TONS of water. In my pregnancies I found the single best weapon against fluid retention (which can be a huge issue when pregnant) was to just drink water literally all day long, and it's been a habit I've kept since. Well, don't know if this is what is going on with you or not, but wanted to suggest these things, anyway. Good luck!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

#14360 - 07/18/03 01:11 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

That would make sense. I still drink diet soda, even though I know it makes me bloated. It's the only thing I haven't been able to force myself to give up - but maybe now I have another reason that I should!

Thanks!

--------------------
- Jennifer

#14365 - 07/18/03 02:06 PM
StansAngelXXX

Reged: 07/08/03
Loc: Albany, NY and Hartford, CT

My hands used to bloat which was tough cause I am a flute player. I need fast fingers not fat fingers! After I cut way back on salt and sodium it helped and my hands haven't bloated in awhile. And I increased my water intake- though I still don't drink enough- it has helped too. My thighs better keep to the size they are now. If they start bloating I will banish them to the slaves of the treadmill!!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 7944 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2897

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review