All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
For Heather
      #138519 - 01/14/05 02:06 PM
Wookie

Reged: 04/01/04
Loc: n/a

I just googled my name and found that this site comes up. I really don't want people knowing all about me and my business. I don't remember giving this site my full name although my email address had my full name. How can I stop this or end my memebership? I have learned a lot and would like to remain as a member but this illness is very private to me and I don't care to share it with the world. Any help on this topic is much appreciated!!

--------------------
~Wookie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: For Heather new
      #138529 - 01/14/05 02:29 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

It might have been your email address. If you don't want people to know your name, I would suggest getting a free Yahoo! or Hotmail account and using that email address.

--------------------
- Jennifer

RE: Has anyone else googled their name & had this happen? How do you stop that from happening?-nt- new
      #138532 - 01/14/05 02:40 PM
Wookie

--------------------
~Wookie

Re: So new
      #138541 - 01/14/05 02:51 PM
Wookie

I am going to get a new email address and put it in there but I'm still wondering if that will do the trick. I took out my email address out and deleted it from this site but it is still showing up under google.

--------------------
~Wookie

#138606 - 01/14/05 05:01 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - Google can only find what you post on this site. So, if you don't want your full name or email to show up (and you probably don't!) make sure you haven't added that info to your user profile. If you already added it, go to the "my home" link and change your email (or at least don't check the option to make it publicly available) and make sure you're just using your first name or a board name. I don't have any control over what people enter in their profiles, and I can't make the board block google searches because that would prevent the boards from coming up on IBS searches and other relevant areas.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

You must have an uncommon name new
      #138627 - 01/14/05 06:06 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

because I just googled my name (never done that before) and there are tons of other Tamara Hansons! That is partly why I am using a penname for writing. Look at this LOL! I am giving dating advice Wow!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#140323 - 01/20/05 09:46 AM
Wookie

Thanks Heather. I guess they got it from my email which is my first and last name because I never added my full name to the profile. I have gained so much here and come here often and don't want to lose that. I just don't want others knowing the personal things I talk about here. This is just a safe place for all of us to go and seek help. I removed my email address so hopefully that will help! Thanks again!!

--------------------
~Wookie

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6203 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1598

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review