All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
This may be streching things a bit... but
      #13367 - 07/07/03 01:12 PM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

A couple of weeks ago I had a hankering for some Atomic Fireballs. So, after a long search of nearly every grocery store in my town, I found some in bulk. Ate them like crazy for a week or so (maybe 3-4 per day). I stopped after realizing that the calories were kinda high. During that week, my digestion was fairly good, having semi-regular BMs, etc.

After stopping for about a week (a week which was the worst I've had in a while), I decided to try them again. I'm in three-deep today and I'm feeling the best I've felt in three days. I dunno if it's 'cuz of the Fireballs or the Phazyme that I just started today. I made this connection because the Fireballs are so dang hot, that they are making me sweat, and possibly increasing my metabolism slightly or something. Maybe it's the sugar high or the fact that I'm constantly sucking on them. Who knows...

I don't want to sound like a moron, but I'm going to not have any tomorrow, but will take the Phazyme. Hey-- it's worth a shot! (And then maybe I can validfy my Fireball addiction to my boyfriend...Hi! my name is Julie and I'm a Fireball addict)

Be well everyone!

--------------------
~jules

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: This may be streching things a bit... but new
      #13368 - 07/07/03 01:24 PM
RLU

Reged: 02/04/03
Loc: Jackson, Mississippi

Jules-

Let me know, I am on Phazyme and it really does help, I'm IBS-C as well (the pits) young, athletic and it drives me nuts so let me know about the Fireballs, I will try anything that helps

--------------------
Screen Name: Nan275

#13369 - 07/07/03 01:28 PM
jules

RLU, your reponse is why I love this board. You didn't think I was nutso! I'm 25yo, fairly active and have found that this IBS crap is a major cramp in my lifestyle.

I'll keep ya posted.

--------------------
~jules

#13370 - 07/07/03 01:29 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Jules,

Chocolate made me go (I'm also IBS C)...so why not fireballs for symptom relief? Can;t wait to hear the results!

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#13373 - 07/07/03 01:31 PM
Snow for Sarala

P.S. where did you find fireballs in bulk? I tired years ago to no avail.....

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#13376 - 07/07/03 01:36 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

What about the cinnamon oil? I think that's what's flavoring the atomic fire balls. That would be a GI irritant, and would thus trigger a bowel movement.

Just guessing wildly here...

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#13377 - 07/07/03 01:37 PM
RLU

Reged: 02/04/03
Loc: Jackson, Mississippi

Please do I have found a friend, I am 34 work out 2 hours a day 6 days a week, cardio & weight training, drink all my water plus watch everything I eat, I just added Yoga into my routine, you would think I would be the most regular person in the world. Phazyme is a definite must. MOM always works for me too. Sorry about saturday and feeling bad golfing sometimes I am that way after I workout (go figure you would think it would make it better). Sorry for the novel, and I hate you have this mess but I am happy to find someone that can relate to how I feel.

--------------------
Screen Name: Nan275

#13381 - 07/07/03 01:45 PM
jules

I found them in bulk at Horrocks (I'm in Michigan). I think that's how you spell that. Also, you can do a search on Google and possibly buy them off the Internet.

I'm a candy FREAK!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
~jules

#13383 - 07/07/03 01:47 PM
Snow for Sarala

Sweet! Thanks Jules...

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#13386 - 07/07/03 01:50 PM
jules

Same sentiments over here, RLU. My family is amazed that I have problems with food. I'm the most heath-conscious person in my family and have been eating well for years. I was an avid athlete in high school and got a scholarship for athletics in college. I was extremely active and in great shape. Although playing 'grown-up' has dramatically decreased the amount of time that I dedicate to working out, etc. I still consider myself in good shape, good health and good weight. I used to do Pilates daily last year, but I've just felt too crappy over the past few months to really make a whole-hearted effort in getting back into it.

I had to use MoM after a horrible weekend, which seemed to help without too many bad side effects.

Heather, great thought about the cinnamon oil in the Fireballs. I didn't even thing about that. I guess that I'll monitor my intake if I start getting too D.

Thanks all for your reponses. You are all fantastic!

--------------------
~jules

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 405 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4776

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review