All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
My first safe holiday!
      #132963 - 12/26/04 06:01 AM
CindyC

Reged: 09/30/04
Loc: Ohio, USA

Thanks to Heather's diet and everyone's advice on this board, I had my first safe, bathroom free holiday!! I ate a small but safe breakfast and lunch and then at 4:00 p.m. went to a buffet at the inlaws. I stuck to white bread, turkey, baked beans that I had made that were fat free except for a little turkey bacon, a little pasta salad, and a few raw carrots. I skipped the meatballs, ham and cheese trays.

For dessert I took Heather's Peppermint Fudge Cake and everyone loved it including the teenagers. I didn't even look at all the cookies and fudge loaded with fat and dairy.

No wine this year for me but I kept a glass of water in my hands all the time and I was fine.

Hope everyone's holiday was just as wonderful.
Cindy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: My first safe holiday! new
      #132988 - 12/26/04 12:01 PM
jamiep

Reged: 12/21/04
Loc: Arroyo City Texas USA

Hi Cindy,

I am so glad to hear about your Happy Holiday! I too had an IBS friendly holiday. I even made up a recipe for IBS and diabetes friendly Pumpkin pie that turned out great! My dh,who is a big Pumpkin pie fan, loved it.

I'm glad you made it through the holidays safely. I'm now working on some New Years Eve recipes.

Love to you,

Jamie

#132996 - 12/26/04 12:42 PM
CindyC

Reged: 09/30/04
Loc: Ohio, USA

Yes, New Years Eve and News Years Day foods like pork, saurkraut, mashed potatoes...... What can we substitute? Maybe turkey keilbasa and mashed potatoes made without butter and milk. And Heather's red cabbage instead of saurkraut?

Any more suggestions?
Cindy

#133005 - 12/26/04 02:47 PM
jamiep

Reged: 12/21/04
Loc: Arroyo City Texas USA

That sound like a great menu!!! I grew up in the north east and our new years tradition was Kilbasa and Sour Kraut too. You could try some Soy milk in the potatoes. I substitue with it alot and my dh never notices. LOL My husbands traditions include blackeyed peas and tamales. (he's from the deep south) The Tamales aren't getting made this year...I've been too sick. I think I might risk a few Blackeyed peas though. I'LL leave out the Salt Pork when I make them.

Love,

Jamie

#133061 - 12/26/04 11:19 PM
Andrew L

Reged: 10/16/04

Cindy;
SO happy for you and being relatively new to the diet,maybe not my place to say.But you can do a LOT better than THAT for an IBS safe holiday given the wealth of recipes available! Me,I cheated like crazy-I'm waiting for the shoe to drop.My goal next year,as I said elsewhere,is to have a completely IBS safe,awesomely delicious holiday next Christmas and New Year's-that should be YOUR goal too by mastering the diet and the hundreds of recipes both in Heather's book and at the other board!
Good luck to us both in 2005!
Andrew L.

Yay!! That's fabulous - thank you for sharing!! -nt- new
      #133368 - 12/28/04 10:44 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 8267 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 873

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review