All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
FiberChoice tablets
      #131774 - 12/20/04 08:00 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

There are lot of posts on all sorts of SFS brands, but I've never seen one on FiberChoice. Can people share some stories on this SFS? The good the bad and the ugly! And please indicate if you are an A,D, or C?

I am trying this one, but only a small amount as it contains inulin and that is "tougher" to get used to.

Casey, I already know this is your choice! But how about some others?

How much you started at, maintain at, why you may have stopped.

Thanks everyone. As you can see, I'm still on the SFS search. This weekend I did nothing or just 4 equalactin (2 grams fiber). I did do zelnorm and tripahala and magnesium.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: FiberChoice tablets new
      #131825 - 12/20/04 09:51 AM
jessica28

Reged: 08/10/04
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

I have been taking Fiber Choice, now 1 or 2 after each meal, and honestly I don't see it doing any harm or good. I'm not even sure why I still do, maybe an after meal mint and I'm just thinking its helping. I've heard that the inulin in bad, so I"m thinking maybe I should stop. I'm C and have been taking them for months now and they are NOT contributing to any BM's....Everyone seems different though, so maybe stick it out for a few days and see what happens.

#131847 - 12/20/04 11:13 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Are those the fat orange chewable tablets? If so, I did horribly on them. They gave me so much gas that I was in terrible pain. I remember going to a party after chewing 1 or 2 of them, and I was doubled over in pain. I felt like I had trapped gas in my side.

Forgive me if I've gotten these confused with another SFS. I've tried so many of them that I do tend to get them mixed up.

Beaglelover new
      #131851 - 12/20/04 11:19 AM
Augie

No, those are the ones. Big orange chewable tablets in a big bottle. Maybe you accidently got the sugar free ones? Do you remember? They make two varieties: sugar free with nutrisweet, and regular sugar.

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: FiberChoice tablets-Jessica new
      #131852 - 12/20/04 11:22 AM
Augie

Would you change to another SFS? I would if they aren't helping with the BMs.

The only reason I would take one is for the BM effect because they do cause gas and bloat, for me at least. So I at least better get a BM out of the deal!

--------------------
~ Beth

This is the only fiber I cannot tolerate at all... new
      #131871 - 12/20/04 12:12 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

I'd never had a fiber supplement give me bloating until I tried FiberChoice. Even psyllium I do just fine with - but inulin made me feel like I was having a heart attack, the pressure was so bad. You could hear me gurgling from across the room!

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#131913 - 12/20/04 02:32 PM
stevensa

Reged: 09/12/04
Loc: Texas

I've been using FiberChoice for quite a while. I am taking 2 tabs three times per day (12 grams) without any problems. I've never had a problem with bloating regardless. I tend to be less sensitive than most, for example I had the Island Fire double cheesburger with fries and a large coke from Sonic for lunch today. Before eating I took 2 SFS, a peppermint cap, and a Lactaid caplet--its been over 5 hours and no signs of trouble. (oh and I am IBS-A)

#131925 - 12/20/04 03:09 PM
jessica28

I also take acacia, and if I'm out somewhere I take some solouble fiber pills called FiberRite from a health store that have apple pectin, guar gum, and oat bran in them. 6 capsules equals 4.5 grams of SF. Those are way better than any chewables. The benefiber chewables gave me BAD gas and they taste horrible too. If you are looking for fiber to help towards a BM, I don't know if they would be much help for you, you could try though, since everyone on here seems to react differently to things. Citrucel does nothing for me, but causes horrible pains for others, so it just depends. I would go for a drink or pills though in my opinion.

#136540 - 01/09/05 12:49 PM
dpratt68

Reged: 01/09/05
Loc: MA

What have you had success with as far as helping with BM?? This is my major problem and all metamucil did was bloat me.

#136597 - 01/09/05 03:43 PM
jessica28

Well, I do take Miralax from my doctor which didn't do a whole lot. But now I am up to about 12 grams of SFS per day, so that combined with the Miralax has made me go really good every morning for the past few days. I have been drinking acacia and then taking SFS pills from a health store when I don't have access to making a drink. What are you doing right now for help?

Jessica

#136700 - 01/10/05 03:32 AM
dpratt68

Reged: 01/09/05
Loc: MA

I took metamucil for 10 days and it helped a little but caused a ton of gas and bloating. The doctor prescribed bentyl but it makes me very dizzy and sleepy so I have only taken it twice. Someone reccomended benefiber so I have switched to that as of yesterday. I just want to be regular!

Re: This is the only fiber I cannot tolerate at all... new
      #136746 - 01/10/05 07:56 AM
jujubeeof2

Reged: 12/21/04
Loc: California

I, too had to stop taking these as they were causing half of my problems. I was having horrible gas and stomach pain with bloating while on these, even though I was having good bowel movements on them, it just wasn't worth the pain. Now I just eat a LOT of fiber rich foods, take magnesium and use prune juice at night. Much better for me.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4933 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2388

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review