All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
ecmmbm-confused!!! new
      #127543 - 12/04/04 09:06 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Are you up to 3Tablespoons of Acacia now and how long did that take? Where you just relying on the juices to go before the acacia?

Do you drink the entire drink with all the 2 apples, 2 carrots, and beet in it at once? That's a lot of f&v at one time. Finally, do you drink it on a full tummy or by itself?
Thanks again. Oh, I agree, if you gotta go and prune juice does it, why not!!!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

There is always hope - honestly, you will always have something new
      #127578 - 12/04/04 12:21 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

new to try so DON'T give up!!

Give the Acacia a shot - start at a low dose and increase gradually.

Have you tried the IBS self-hypnosis program? That is a "last resort" option that should really be used as a first resort - it has helped people who have felt that they had no hope left. There's a ton of info on the site about it - just click the "Hypnosis for IBS" link to the left of your page.

Please let us know how things go...

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

I'll try to be clearer - I post in such a hurry new
      #127584 - 12/04/04 12:55 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

Acacia -
started 1/4 tsp 3x a day (2 days)
then 1/2 tsp 3x a day (2 more days)
1 tsp 3x a day (several days at this level, still no bloating or adverse effects but no BM improvement either)
then 1/2 TBS 3x day a couple days
then bit the bullet and went up to 1 TBS 3x a day
THE NEXT MORNING I had a great BM, and it's been pretty good ever since (except I got a stomach bug in there so trying to even out from that)

Now... for the F&V juice, have you ever used a juicer? Cause that really doesn't make that much juice - just a good sized glass, I have no idea how many ounces. There is no pulp or anything at all, just the juice. The experts say it's best on an empty stomach, gets right into your system that way, but I drink it after a meal because it's easeier on the stomach that way.

HTH!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Re: To everyone who answered- I'm afraid new
      #127594 - 12/04/04 01:17 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Yes it does!!! I was the SAME way!!!! I kept putting it off becuase I kept thinking what if it doesn't work!!! then I will have nothing to hope for!!!! GIVE IT A TRY!!!!!!
HUGS!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: To everyone who answered- I'm afraid new
      #127605 - 12/04/04 01:54 PM
LittleFox

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: California

Hi Augie. I hope what I am about to say helps you out.

I was the same way about the Acacia. I tried it for two weeks and got very frustrated because I could not have a bm. I don't know about you, but I was looking for a this SFS to be a miracle. In my haste, I failed to remember that just like anything else, it takes time.

I went back to my Citrucel(3 caplets) per day for fear the Acacia was making my situation worse.

I started reading the boards just as you did, and lo and behold I realized that I was relying soley on the Acacia to do all the work without any help from insolubles! In fact, I was not eating enough insolubles (duh!!) Thanks to Casey (Atomic Rose) I started adding peas and carrots, peaches, pears, applesauce, yams and Apricots to my diet as well as well-cooked vegetables. I am thanking Casey because her reply to someone else helped me as well!

I take 1 tsp. of Acacia 3 x per day and have a bm everyday sometimes two! I have been taking this dosage for three weeks know and will move up to 1/1/2tsp next week.

I do still have some gas, but not nearly as much as I did before with the other SFS. Bloating is less as well. I now can fit by size 10 slacks (elastic waist) and don't look pregnant anymore. I get the elastic waist slacks because they are comfortable around my tummy. the females in my office keep asking me when I am going to stop losing weight. My reply is are you going to eat that rice or sourdough bread? I look good and they can't stand it! LOL

You will have some gas and bloating, I think we all do due to diet. Why last week I had a bite size Baby Ruth bar! This is something I never would have done before stabilizing myself.

Give it time, I give testimony that Acacia does work and it is better than the SFS I was taking. Make sure you eat a lot of insolubles as well as solubles; you know sort of fine your balance.

Hang in there, I went through the same thing as you are going through now. I already had gas something awful, not to mention the odor. Now I have gas like "non-IBSers" have and as I said before, the bloating is much better. Also EXERCISE it works wonders for you body and helps the gas and bloating a great deal. Drink water ALL DAY. Water is our friend.

Good luck, but if you try it with the insolubles you want need luck, and you will see a big difference.

BIG HUGS!!!!!!!!!

Lene

--------------------
God never promised life would be easy, but he did promise to provide a way out!

I have no advice for you, but I hope every thing works out for you and that you feel better soon -nt new
      #127665 - 12/04/04 06:13 PM
Casper

Reged: 10/16/04
Loc: Memphis, TN

Thanks Michelle-think I got it!-nt new
      #127744 - 12/05/04 07:05 AM
Augie

--------------------
~ Beth

Heather- a question for you new
      #127750 - 12/05/04 07:13 AM
Augie

Thanks for the supportive words Heather. Yes, I often feel like giving up. Just don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I think I'm following the advice in the book, but don't seem to be progressing like so many others on the board. Perhaps it's my SFS. It's impossible to pinpoint the culprit.

No haven't tried hypnosis yet. And anxiety is a major problem for me so it would probably do me some good. I have found a doctor who specializes in IBS hypnosis. He is only one of two in the entire state of Illiniois. Do you think there is a difference in results whether hypnosis is done by the audio tapes or by an actual human being?

Thanks again!

--------------------
~ Beth

Heather7476 new
      #127751 - 12/05/04 07:15 AM
Augie

Do you currently take Acacia? Thanks for the HUGS, too. Best medicine around!!!

--------------------
~ Beth

Healing
      #127752 - 12/05/04 07:27 AM
Augie

Thank you so very much for sharing your experience with me. I too am looking at the Acacia as some wonder supplement for this entire IBS deal!!Unfortunately, it can't be, I guess. Too bad. When are they gonna come up with one. Don't they know there are so many people waiting for one!!!

Anyhow, yes, Casey is the greatest. She has and continues to help me try to understand this. Are you doing canned peaches, pears, apricots, and canned veggies? Or fresh? Are carrots and peas the only veggies you are eating so far?

By the way, are you an IBS-D or C? I noticed you are also on lexapro. Did that make you more C initially? See my post on Lexapro? Would love your feedback, especially if you are a IBS-C!!!!

Thanks again for sharing. I feel better that someone else was were I am at and is in a better place now. Maybe there is hope, may I dare say!
GL with increasing the Acacia. Keep in touch, okay. I'll probably be posting as I try and figure this thing out.

HUGS right back at you!!! Oh, hope you enjoyed that Baby Ruth! That would be such a great treat!

--------------------
~ Beth

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 757 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10461

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review