All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Dr. Noel Hershfield's Survey - Why No Postal Address?
      #126331 - 11/30/04 09:13 AM
belinda

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Hello All!

I am a little frustrated right now because I just filled out Dr. Hershfield's survey (see Heather's most recent newsletter) and I want to mail it to him because I don't have access to a fax machine (other than using my work fax, which would not be appropriate, or going to Kinko's and paying for the service).

Why is Dr. Hershfield's postal address not provided on his survey? Does anyone know what his postal address is? I tried looking it up on the Internet and I came up with two very similar addresses for him, but one indicated his street address was N.W. and the other said S.W. and the postal codes were one digit different in each address. One said T2R 1N1 and the other said T2R 1M1.

I think a postal address should have been provided with this survey. Not everyone who has IBS has access to a fax machine and I fear some people won't return the survey because of this.

Belinda

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I'll post this asap as soon as I have it - and I'll add that info to the questionnaire itself. -nt- new
      #126360 - 11/30/04 10:57 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Thank you!!! new
      #126362 - 11/30/04 10:58 AM
belinda

I added his postal address to the diet study questionnaire, and new
      #126457 - 11/30/04 04:49 PM
HeatherAdministrator

here it is as well:

Dr. Noel B. Hershfield
Suite 1025, 1122 4th St SW
Calgary AB T2R 1M1
CANADA

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: I added his postal address to the diet study questionnaire, and new
      #126556 - 12/01/04 07:43 AM
belinda

Heather:

Thank you! I am going to mail the survey today!

Belinda

Correction? new
      #126558 - 12/01/04 07:56 AM
belinda

Heather:

I used to live in Calgary and I suspect the format for Dr. Hershfield's street address may be:

1025, 1122-4th Street S.W.

The 1025 is probably the suite number. The 1122 is probably the street number. And 4th Street is probably the street!

Your notation of putting the dash between the 1025-1122 makes is seem that there are two street numbers. You may want to double check with Dr. Hershfield about this.

Unfortunately, Calgary addresses can sometimes be confusing! For example, the city has whole neighbourhoods with every street having the same name -- just the type of street is different. (i.e. Forest Road, Forest Street, Forest Lawn Avenue, Forest Lawn Crescent, etc.!) Try and find an address in a neighbourhood like that -- especially at night! It's enough to provoke an IBS attack!

Belinda

Re: Correction? new
      #126613 - 12/01/04 11:21 AM
Shinshi

Reged: 11/26/04
Loc: Alberta, Canada

Lol! I can relate to that! I live in Calgary and it can be interesting finding locations like in Forest Lawn.

You are right! new
      #126674 - 12/01/04 01:38 PM
HeatherAdministrator

I had copied over the address exactly as he'd emailed it to me, so even though it looked weird I assumed it was accurate. But I just called his office and sure enough, there is a suite number in there. Thank you so much for catching this!

- Heather

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1148 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 773

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review