All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
please help again sorry :O(
      #12406 - 06/24/03 01:10 PM
jenz

Reged: 05/09/03
Loc: Uk

hello everyone - i have been to a dietition today who iw as referred to by my consultant - shes has given me a high fibre low fat diet to try - only thing is its against everything that heather suggest in her book apart from peeling and mashing fruits n veg - It suggest i eat wholemeal everything and eat cheese and eggs and to be hoenst im really unsure about doing this as since i have ben on heathers diet i have lost my bloatedness and my slight cramps - the only thing i struggle with now is sickness.
the diet also says causes bloatednses diareah and cramps - but isnt that what im tryign to egt rid of ?? And when i tried to tell her about haethers book she just wasnt interested spose thats the english for you lol!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: please help again sorry :O( new
      #12411 - 06/24/03 01:30 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi Jenz - Am I understanding this correctly? The diet the dietitian gave you is actually labeled as likely to cause bloating, diarrhea, and cramps? Why on earth would someone give you a diet that will cause the very problems you're trying to address?

If the diet is high in wholemeal, cheese, and whole eggs, it certainly is likely to cause all sorts of GI upsets for IBS folks.

If you're feeling better with the diet you're currently following, I'd trust yourself here, not the dietitian. What matters is what you find helps you from actual experience.

For the sickness you're experiencing, have you tried ginger? You can brew tea from a chunk of smashed fresh gingerroot, or chew on crystallized ginger. This is really helpful for nausea and general GI stability.

Best to you,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: please help again sorry :O( new
      #12452 - 06/25/03 01:32 AM
jenz

Reged: 05/09/03
Loc: Uk

thankyou - i knew the best thing for me was to stick with your diet but when someone lables themself as a dietition you do kinda question weather your right to not follow there advice. i certainly will try crystalised ginger as the sickness is the only thing now that gets to me - i just want to take this opertuntiy to thankyou again as i certainly have been much much better since following your diet (apart from days i lapse and have something i shouldnt) my boated feeling has gone totally and the cramps are few n far between :O) definatly a happy bunny this end which is why i dont really want to go on the dietitions high fibre diet! have a nice day :O) xx

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1092 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 536

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review