All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Lands' End... new
      #125874 - 11/28/04 03:31 PM
ptillen

Reged: 06/27/04
Loc: Milwaukee WI

... also has a nice what they call "Women's Easy-care Elastic Waist Sport Pants" which are as neat looking as chinos, but quite comfortable. Check it out here.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Old Navy drawstring jeans! new
      #125936 - 11/28/04 08:23 PM
SLiCKsGiRL

Reged: 06/20/04
Loc: Western Washington

Hi Amie!

I've been following this post for a bit - but don't have any advice on good pants. Would it be possible for you to talk to your boss about some lienency in the dress-code? Maybe that would help as far as finding something comfortable?

Good luck!

--------------------
~*Amber*~

Re: Have you seen this? new
      #125948 - 11/28/04 10:39 PM
ibsfla

Reged: 06/30/04

haven't posted for awhile, but just had to respond to your photo--if I didn't know better, I would think I was looking at myself--RIGHT NOW!!! Seemed to get horribly worse after trying to take iron pills--now I stopped the pills but the bloating is still hanging around--thanks for the info on the jeans-must try them!

Re: Lands' End... new
      #125990 - 11/29/04 05:51 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I'm off tyo look for these as well as the ones I found at petite sophisticate online yesterday (I have a coupon for 25$ off a 100$ purchase from them and they have a travel set- coordinated pants, 2 skirts (long and short), sweater and jacket that are all knit with elastic waists in charcoal and would work well for me... for about that...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: bloat and pants.. new
      #126034 - 11/29/04 08:43 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

I thought about you today when I was driving home from work in pants that felt so tight I couldn't stand it. They were very comfortable when I left home this morning.

I have seen pants that are made like regular pants but have adjustable waist bands. I don't know if they make them anymore but they were made like dress pants and they had a clip that flipped up and you could make the waist larger. Dresses are really the most comfortable but with my job it is just too darn cold to wear them in the winter plus I have to wear comfortable shoes because I do alot of walking.

I'm just glad I am not the only one who comes home at the end of the day looking pregnant.

--------------------
Janey

#126043 - 11/29/04 08:56 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04

its just nice to see so many others like me... I found a great set at petite sophisticate..a dn I love dresses too, but I freese in them in the winter outside, so pants or really long skirts/dresses help more.. and since i"m petite its hard to find long dresses that look nice..

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: Acacia is really helping my bloating a LOT. GL!! new
      #126188 - 11/29/04 02:04 PM
Asa

Reged: 11/24/04
Loc: KY

This is a reply to:Acacia is really helping my bloating a LOT. GL!!

This is good to know...I assume you have been through a million tests with the drs. also...I am new to this site so to my understanding this is product I can order from this site..is this correct?

Yes, that's correct. -nt- new
      #126231 - 11/29/04 07:12 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Have you seen this? new
      #126571 - 12/01/04 09:06 AM
LittleLamb

Reged: 07/22/04
Loc: USA

Oh my goodness. I know exactly how this feels!

About a year after I was dx with IBS-D, I drank some apple juice. About 10 minutes later, my abdomen blew up like a balloon. I could literally sit and watch it grow. My skin was stretched out and tight - ouch! My husband came home from work and he couldn't believe it - he said it looked like I was 8 months pregnant. Then later the gas came......UGH.

Needless to say, I don't drink apple juice anymore! Hah!

I wear dresses almost exclusively now due to IBS comfort issues. When I was pregnant with my daughter my abdomen was really sensitive and I couldn't stand to wear anything with a waist. So, I wore maternity dresses almost the whole pregnancy. I was amazed at how comfortable I was and I continued that after my pregnancy.

For cold weather, I just wear silk long underwear beneath my dresses - I have ivory & white for light colors, black for darker. Since they are so light and thin it doesn't bother my tummy. The nice part is that if I get hot, I can just go in the restroom and take off the long underwear.

An added bonus - I notice that when I am out shopping or whatever that I get treated very well if I am wearing dresses. Men hold doors for me, offer to help me with packages, stand and give their seats to me, salespeople are more attentive - in short, I get treated like a lady. It sure is nice.

I have found some great relatively inexpensive places to get dresses of all tastes and styles - even in petites! I would be happy to help any of you who would like suggestions.

#126572 - 12/01/04 09:13 AM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03

I didn't read through the rest of the posts, but I definitely recommend maternity pants. I'm 8w along and I can't stand anything tight around my waist. I found a couple of pairs at Motherhood. I'm not really showing at all, just bloated, and they are so comfy. The pair I'm wearing today are black dress pants with a wide elastic waist-band. They can sit low on your hips or pulled up over your waist.

I plan on wearing first trimester maternity pants forever!!!

--------------------
~jules

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1060 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 16881

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review