All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
TVP-soluable or not?
      #11243 - 06/10/03 08:52 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I recently found a box of Taco Meat Replacement I believe its mostly soy. It was a ground up podwer and I added it to water. I was VERY skeptical, but YUM it was good! Is this considered soluable or insoluable fiber? Or something else completey? It only had 1 gram of fat so I assume its a SAFE food? Anyone know?

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: TVP-soluable or not? new
      #11275 - 06/10/03 12:56 PM
kenneth

Reged: 05/05/03
Loc: Toronto Canada

Hi there,
I use TVP all the time. It is mostly protein, but absorbs more water than protein from meat. (which means it isn't as constipating as meat can be) I've never had a problem with it, but would suggest having it with a soluable fibre base or glass of metamucil beforehand...

Re: TVP-soluable or not? new
      #11276 - 06/10/03 12:57 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - TVP is a good source of soluble fiber. There's virtually no insoluble fiber in it, and it's high protein. It's also almost fat free. So, yes - it's a great safe food! And it works great as a sub for ground meat in so many things - tacos, sloppy joes, chili, Thai salads, sausage recipes, and on and on.

Glad you tried it even though you were skeptical. It's one of those happy surprises!

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 774 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 438

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review