All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
So does anyone have their IBS under control yet? I'm curious that's all.
      #10973 - 06/06/03 05:25 PM
till

Reged: 02/11/03

I was wondering if anyone here has their IBS under control yet? Mine doesn't seem like it will ever get under control. Everyday is so painful and uncomfortable I feel like I'm dying. It's THAT severe. I think I probably got IBS from 2 eating disorders I had from the past or from one of the eating disorders. They really strained my digestive tract. Also herbs strained my digestive tract. I took 2 herbs b4 in capsule form months and months ago that I wasn't suppose to take but I didn't know it at the time and it made me REALLY sick. I'd rather be dead than have this. It's ruining my life.

p.s. Please don't ask me if I'm sure I have IBS. I already know I do.

Thanks
God Bless

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: So does anyone have their IBS under control yet? I'm curious that's all. new
      #10998 - 06/07/03 03:31 AM
Ian

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: United Kingdom

Hi,

My main IBS symptoms of bloating, gas and painful muscle spasms are under control most of the time and have been for the past couple of months. Any time the IBs flares up it is because I am still experimenting with different foods. A couple of days ago I tried a food which contains a small amount of lactose and since then I've had a bit of extra gas, but no pain or bloating. By sticking to those foods I know to be safe I can guarantee that everything will be back to normal in a day or two.

This afternoon I have to go out for about 3 hours, yet I feel no anxiety. 12 months ago it was a very different matter indeed!!!

I'm sorry you're not getting the same level of success and just wish there was something I could suggest that would help you.

Best wishes.

Ian

Re: So does anyone have their IBS under control yet? I'm curious that's all. new
      #11043 - 06/07/03 05:08 PM
till

I'm glad your having better luck. I wish you all the best too. I wish someone could help me too.
God Bless

#11062 - 06/07/03 07:57 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Just curious Angel - what kind of tests have you done and are you taking any medication?
Hope you are feeling better soon.
Barbara

Re: I HAVE TAKEN CONTROL!!! new
      #11137 - 06/09/03 08:28 AM
michellec

Reged: 06/09/03

My name is Michelle Cochran and I was diagnosed with IBS in February of 2002. I was given some prescriptions to help deal with the problem but unless I took the medication 45 minutes before I ate each time, they really did not do me much good. I basically had to keep a supply of chewable Immodium Tablets on hand because I never knew when I would need them. I am a teacher and after lunch was a rough time for me. Numerous times I had to make a "mad dash" to the bathroom. I got to the point that I really hated to eat out because I felt like all I could eat was grilled chicken to keep form having an upset stomach. In January of 2003, I was introduced to the Relìv products by a friend who had been taking them to help her with her fibromyalgia and her detoxification from Morphine. She went through her detox in a very short period and not to mention the friend I knew that had to stay at home in bed all the time because of pain was no longer having any pain. She said she also had IBS and no longer had any problems. I knew I needed to try it. Relìv has worked for me and I can now go out to eat and not worry about what to order. I order what I want! If you would like to talk to me about the Relìv products or your problems with IBS in general please feel free to give me a call at 706-290-0494, and if I don't answer please leave a message and I promise I will get back to you as soon as I can. Thank you and God Bless.

Michelle Cochran

Please post detailed info about Reliv.... new
      #11149 - 06/09/03 11:41 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Welcome to the board, but since this is your first post and it looks suspiciously like you're soliciting for sales for a product, we really need to have detailed info from you. What is Reliv? How does it help IBS? Can you reference clinical studies to support its use? Please post weblinks for the product and information.

Thanks,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: I HAVE TAKEN CONTROL!!! new
      #11188 - 06/09/03 05:23 PM
till

What are the side effects ?
Thanks

#11189 - 06/09/03 05:25 PM
till

I had them all. I take Dictel. It helps but not enough. I'd rather be dead. I don't go a week without crying it's so unbearable.

#11203 - 06/09/03 08:41 PM
dleon27

Reged: 06/07/03

Angel
Don't give up! There has to be a solution. I'm sure you have heard lots of stories from others; I imagine they all result in the same out come...Perseverance and self-control.

I was ignored and missed diagnosed by Navy doctors for 15 years, even to the point of being sent to Germany, Philadelphia, and Virginia. (The Navy's best experts). I got to the point where I would only eat four things for the last 6 years. Grits for breakfast, Ham sandwich for lunch and Chicken or Fish for dinner. Then my Angel (my Wife!) found Heather's books/diet. It took several weeks of Rice, Toast, and pasta for me to get stable. I have been "Normal" for 3 months. I am off ALL the useless drugs after fifteen years! Praise GOD for that!!!
So just keep looking towards GOD and Heather's recipes

Dave

Angel this is his Angel speaking now!
Please don't give up. As a wife I have watched my husband suffer for 13 years of our married life. I have always loved to cook as I come from and Italian and French back ground with 3 wild immigrant grannies in the kitchen! In our family Love is food. Imagine knowing that whatever you cook for the person you love is going to make him sick sooner or later. We have continued to persist through the years and have finally found the help we've been praying for. To watch him suffer has been just as difficult because I could not fix it for him. But NOW I HAVE FUN IN THE KITCHEN! And he's so much better.

Get to know what you can eat, and eat that if it works. Be very strict with soluable foods at first. Keep trying and don't give up hope. God knows the plans he has for you, plans for a future and hope. You are his daughter and he loves you more than can be expressed in words. I don't know why He has let us experience this wicked disorder, but I know that he hears us when we cry and captures our tears. That which does not destroy us only makes us stronger so we can help others. So the best we can do is encourage each other as we walk out our salvation with fear and trembling. Our family will pray for you, if you want to talk email us. In His Service, Michaela Leonard

#11309 - 06/10/03 05:25 PM
till

I'm glad your better now. I've been on Heather's diet for several months and my IBS is still severe. If death was an option I would chose it in a second. I can't even function daily like a normal person.

#11317 - 06/10/03 07:10 PM
jrs

Reged: 03/31/03
Loc: Aberystwyth, Wales

I hear you -- I felt the same way about two years ago now -- it was completely aweful. I found that things did get progressively (sometimes almost imperceptibly) better over time though. Also, you might want to take hope in the fact that there are a few drugs coming out in the next year that look somewhat promising.

I'm not even close to being 'normal,' but I do have some days that are OK, which are the ones I look forward to. I have hope that there will be a safe pharmecudical alternative to come out so that I can be even more functional, but for now, I just try to do the best I can with the fuctionality that I've been given -- there are so many people in much worse conditions than me that can't do some of the things that I can't do.

Even though it's easy to get beaten down by IBS, positivity is key.

#11322 - 06/10/03 08:23 PM
Zaftig1

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: USA

Mine was under control for three years, once I went on the Eating for IBS diet...until Saturday, when stress alone triggered an attack. Fortunately I remembered to take Imodium, and I only had to endure about 15 mins of it before the drug took hold.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"A waist is a terrible thing to mind".

#11323 - 06/10/03 08:34 PM
CathyS

Reged: 06/10/03

Yes. it was under control - felt like a new peson and then I went out and purchased the Fat flusher book and barely started the program and WHAM!!! right back to IBS

So I'm back on Heather's menus.

Someone help me. I'm a cancer survivor - taking tamoxifen and have gained a lot of weight during this past three years...With all of the pasta, potatoes, rice, french bread, etc...I'm gaining more weight.

Any suggestions on what I should do..obviously the Fat Flush (although - it makes a lot of sense - isn't for me)

Help!

#11356 - 06/11/03 06:46 AM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Hi Angel,
Hope you are feeling better!!
I am curious to know what kind of tests you have done? Also is there anybody who can help you? How do you get to the store and make yourself something to eat? What about health insurance? I thought I e-mailed in a previous post you can get free health insurance through the state based on income.
Barbara

#11423 - 06/11/03 05:26 PM
till

I'm not feeling any better. It won't get under control. I can't go to the store so my mom runs errands for me. I'm so sick I can't help it. I don't have any insurance. I make my own meals. I try my hardest not to pass while I'm cooking. The weather is killing me here. It's hot and humid. I have two fans going.

#11424 - 06/11/03 05:30 PM
till

Hi
Sorry that you had cancer. I'm glad you surivived. I know carbs put on weight so fast. Small portions will help. Drinking lots of tea and water and getting moderate exercise will help. Spice are great for losing weight.

#11425 - 06/11/03 05:35 PM
till

Hi
I never heard of any new drugs coming next year. I hope they will be safe and will work well. The sooner new drugs come out the better. I do my best to think positive but it's so hard.

Canada has free health care for all of its citizens no matter what they earn. n/t new
      #11429 - 06/11/03 06:12 PM
Karin

Loc: Southern California

Re: Well said! new
      #11451 - 06/12/03 12:11 AM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

I thought you put that perfectly. It is so easy to get down over IBS and don't get me wrong I believe we have every right to - it's tough at the best of times.

But perspective is important too. You're right, if you look around there are people wose situations are tougher. Positive thought is important and I try to be grateful for the things I have and I write them down at times when I'm feeling low too.

Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Re: Angel new
      #11463 - 06/12/03 05:06 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

It IS SO hard to be positive sometimes!

Thank G-d you have your eyesight, your legs, your mother to get you food (some folks on the board live alone with this!), your heart, etc. Take this/IBS as a challenge. This is your oppurtunity to grow and be a better Angel! Every step you take is a victory! And for every step back you take, in time, you'll take two steps forward! Be patient and loving with yourself! I'm sure if you had a friend in your situation you'd be a lot more forgiving and supportive of them...be forgiving and supportive of YOURSELF!

If you are able to sit on your front porch and drink a glass of cold water and write in your journal, that's GREAT! It might seem small and insignificant to others...but we'd all be SO PROUD of you for this major step! Take things one minute at a time.

I hope you feel better soon. You've suffered long enough! If there's anything we can do to help, we're here!

Happy Thursday!!!!

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Angel new
      #11645 - 06/13/03 05:41 PM
till

I do my best to think positive but my IBS is not getting any better no matter what I do. How am I suppose to make a living? I also have to deal with severe pms, artritis, migraines, social anxiety disorder so it's really hard. I can't sit up for a long period of time so I can't exactly sit outside. Plus I live in a condo so there's not really anywhere to sit. The weather is too hot and humid for sitting out too sadly. My future is not looking too bright at all.

#11807 - 06/16/03 01:21 PM
KaybeeC

Reged: 03/14/03
Loc: Ohio

Dear Angel,

Yes, I have mine under control! And so does my sister, after just a month on Heather's diet! My attacks are very infrequent and usually follow eating something I shouldn't have - I tried a fish sandwich and didn't think the little bit of shredded lettuce would hurt me - wishful thinking. My network of friends at church has been wonderful, too - they've kept me from feeling isolated and left out! They pray for me, too, and I believe that's a powerful help. I don't know what your beliefs are, but if you're really housebound, you might want to try calling some national ministries that have prayer lines - most have "800" numbers and have people who will pray for you right on the spot. When I've been at my worst, and things seemed pretty dark, I reached out this way and it was such a blessing! Some ministries I can recommend with confidence are: In Touch, with Dr. Charles Stanley; Insight for Living, Chuck Swindoll; New Life Live (1-800-NEWLIFE); and The Urban Alternative, Dr. Tony Evans. These ministries all have websites and I think besides their prayer lines, they have email prayer boards. (It's been a while since I used them, and ministries are always updating). In the meantime, I'll put you on my prayer list at church, and your needs will be lifted up!

Blessings,
Kaybee C

#11826 - 06/16/03 05:19 PM
till

I'm Christian. I pray daily and read the bible. My IBS is far from under control in fact it's worse. I can barely go on living. Life can be so cruel.It's great your IBS is under control I wish mine was too. I appreciate it greatly that your going to put me on your prayer list. Thanks very much. That's very kind of you.
God Bless you

Re: Canada has free health care for all of its citizens no matter what they earn. n/t new
      #11830 - 06/16/03 05:43 PM
till

Yes I know. I meant to say that before but I wasn't thinking straight since I'm so sick.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4440 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4101

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review