All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Immodium AD
      #10405 - 06/01/03 04:06 PM
mda5905

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: NYC

A question. Can Immodium be used as a maintenance drug, my doctor says its ok. In the mornings is when I go to the bathroom the most. I was wondering if I take Immodium before I goto bed if that over time will help with my symptoms in the morning?

PS : What is the opinion on turkey meat. I made turkey meatloaf with rice and five minutes later I had diarrhea, this doesn't usually happen to me right after a meal.
Thanks, Matt.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Immodium AD new
      #10406 - 06/01/03 04:19 PM
gator

Reged: 05/26/03
Loc: Florida

I would be careful with the Immodium every day. I tried that and it kind of binded me up pretty good. If you are going to try it, try only a half of a pill and see what happens. I find Immodium is best when taken when you really need it, not everyday. but everyone is different so you can try it. I use also when i know i will be away from a bathroom for a while. Say I'm going to play golf, I'll take a couple so I know I can relax and just play golf without worrying i will have a problem... good luck..

--------------------
Thank You

About the turkey... new
      #10413 - 06/01/03 05:09 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

if you buy it already ground, it's likely to have a lot of dark meat and even skin, which makes the fat content way to high for IBS. Get ground turkey breast, no skin (you might have to have a butcher grind it for you).

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#10433 - 06/01/03 07:22 PM
mda5905

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: NYC

Thanks. Actually, I wouldn't mind being bound up for a bit. I need to gain some weight back that I've lost since I've had IBS -- about 2years. That's how I've used Immodium if I'm going for a long car trip or I know I won't be able to get to a bathroom for some reason. Thanks again for your response.

#10463 - 06/02/03 06:17 AM
Zaftig1

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: USA

My dr told me never to use Imodium like that, but sometimes I did out of necessity anyway.

Like the times I knew I was going to be in a stressful situation (going to city hall about somethign), and I had little kids with me, and what if I had an attack and had to take over the city hall bathroom and try to also keep my little kids from running off at the same time?

You better believe I took Imodiums before going on a trip like that!

BTW you can save money by buying the generic versions at Walmart. They sell family/bulk sizes.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"A waist is a terrible thing to mind".

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4501 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 712

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review