All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
awful nausea
      #10167 - 05/28/03 05:36 PM
Jenn

Reged: 04/05/03
Loc: NJ

I have been experiencing horrible bouts of nausea. The type of nausea that wakes me up in the middle of the night and is accompanied by chills, shivering, sweating and dizziness. Not sure why it comes on like that but I think it may be that I did not get a good nights sleep Monday night and it just messed up my stomach. All I can do is sip my ginger tea and wait for it to subside. The ginger tea does help and I rush into the kitchen and make myself a cup at the first sign of nausea. All day yesterday and today I felt as if I have a hangover. Although this is not my most prevalent IBS symptom it has been the worst for me to deal with. Ugh...

Edited by Jenn (05/28/03 05:42 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: awful nausea new
      #10170 - 05/28/03 05:45 PM
catzlady4

Reged: 04/26/03
Loc: LongI sland,NY

Hi I understand exactly how you feel because I go through the same thing periodically. The ginger tea is a great idea I'll have to try that. I just wait until it passes and I just pray that I will fall back to sleep so it will be all over with. It is an awful feeling I hope you find some suggestions that will help. Hope you feel better.

#10171 - 05/28/03 05:52 PM
danie

Reged: 05/01/03
Loc: NYC

You can also get crystallized ginger and ginger candy, that might be helpful if you can't make the tea. My best to you.

#10180 - 05/28/03 07:52 PM

Unregistered

Whenever I feel nausea, I always take Emetrol - you can buy it at any drug store - as the package says, Emetrol is "for relief of nausea due to upset stomach from intestinal flu, and food or drink indiscretions." It usually helps my nausea. You should give it a try. I hope you feel better soon!

Shauna

Shauna... new
      #10183 - 05/28/03 07:59 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

what city/state/country are you in? If you add that info to your profile (got to "my home" from the top menu, then choose to "edit profile" to add the information) it will show up in your posts. Then folks will know if Emerol is available locally for them.

I've actually never heard of Emerol - what are the ingredients? It sounds like it works really well for you, and could help others too.

Thanks!

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Shauna... new
      #10199 - 05/29/03 05:58 AM

Unregistered

Heather,
I just edited my profile - thanks for telling me how to do that - I couldn't figure it out and have been wanting to post my information!

I am from Connecticut - in regards to Emetrol the ingredients are dextrose (glucose), levulose (fructose), phosphoric acis, FD &C red No. 40, flavors, glycerin, methylparaben and purfied water.

I'm not sure about the fructose - I think that might bother a few people - I'm not sure if it bothers me. All I know is that I am deathly afraid to throw up and I take anything to settle my stomach - anything!!

Re: Shauna... new
      #10258 - 05/29/03 06:05 PM
Jenn

I looked up this emetrol and it seems to be the same idea as cola syrup, but without the caffeine. Sounds pretty good, I think I'll try it out! Thanks for the suggestion, Shauna. I know exactly what you mean about being deathly afraid to throw up. I am the same way. I get so much anxiety due to the possibility of throwing up that it makes things even worse

#10259 - 05/29/03 06:07 PM
Jenn

definately try the ginger tea if you haven't already. It is very strong and spicy and not everyone will like the taste of it, but I really like ginger and it has saved me on more than a few occasions.

#10260 - 05/29/03 06:08 PM
Jenn

I've been meaning to get some of that crystallized ginger so I don't always have to wait for tea to brew. Thanks for the suggestion.

#10262 - 05/29/03 06:35 PM
shaun g

Reged: 05/25/03
Loc: ontario, canada

Gravol has also been something that has worked for me.. in some cases early on becoming too much of a crutch..

nowadays it's a last resort, sometimes a pepcid w/ peppermint flavour does wonders.

now this may sound weird.. but when you spend a lot of time with nausea you try different things but something that was worked for me is to fold a piece of kleenex or toilet paper ( preferrably clean ) and put it in your mouth and suck on it.. call it a mediation thing I guess.. but it's something i've done for years and for some reason it can settle things down a bit...

--------------------
trying to equal the IBS ratio- one man at a time

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 816 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3820

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review