Halloween Candies and IBS
Safe Treats, No Tricks!
Are there safe Halloween candies for IBS? Can I trick or treat?!
Tip Takeaway: Be careful, but do trick or treat!
- Yes, there are tummy friendly trick or treat options!
- Candies will all be based on sugar, and sugar is not an IBS trigger. It's certainly not a health food, but plain old sucrose, the sugar used in plain old candies, is not a GI stimulant or irritant.
- Safe sweet treats for IBS do need a low fat, dairy-free foundation.
- Solid chocolate will be very high fat, so avoid that unless it is a very small quantity.
- Avoid caramels, which are traditionally dairy and always high fat.
- Stick to jelly, gummy, taffy, or hard candies, which are fat free.
- Think gum drops, jelly beans, hot tamales, lollipops, junior mints, gummy bears, tootsie rolls, red or black licorice, jujubes, etc.
- If you're not sure, read the ingredients.
- Make sure you eat a safe, low fat, trigger free, high soluble fiber foundation meal before you splurge on the Halloween treats, and make the splurge a little one.
- Remember that IBS should never be about food deprivation, but about moderation and substitution. A good IBS diet is not just healthy but delicious.
Is it Turner, CEO (Canine Executive Officer)?
Or is it a Pom Dragon?
Heather Van Vorous &
Heather's Tummy Care
Over 15 Years of IBS Business!
Have other IBS questions? Please call us toll free 866-640-4942.
Outside the continental US? Call direct 206-264-8069.
Get more IBS help at HelpForIBS.com!
See all the IBS Quick Tips!
Thank you for your continued support!
The goal of Heather's Tummy Care is to do good in the world - not just for IBS, but for our employees, our customers, our natural world and its magnificent creatures, and both our local and global communities. We contribute to national and international environmental and wildlife protection funds.
Millions of albatross chicks starve
to death on plastic ocean garbage.
Help us end elephant slaughter.
You're on this newsletter list because you have expressed interest in IBS news and information.
Change your newsletter email address here.
If you are viewing this newsletter on a website and would like to subscribe for email delivery, please "Join the IBS Newsletter" here.
ANTI-SPAM PRIVACY & SECURITY POLICY
Heather's Tummy Care
19203 70th Ave S
Kent, WA 98032 USA
© 2018 Heather Van Vorous, Heather's Tummy Care. All rights reserved.
Authored by Heather Van Vorous. May not be reproduced without permission.
USA Copyright Office Registration Number TXU 1-270-858 and others.