Hot Weather Dog Days & IBS
Does Hot Weather Affect IBS? An IBS Quick Tip!
Tip Takeaway: Muggy summer days make IBS worse, and ongoing heat/humidity make it difficult to get and stay stable. Do everything you can to keep cool!
Yes! Weather can affect the frequency and severity of all IBS symptoms.
- Hot, humid weather physically stresses your body. Air pressure changes from humidity affect your serotonin levels. Over 90% of that serotonin is in your gut, and it plays a major role in IBS.
- Humidity's effects on gut serotonin also reduce your pain tolerance level - a double whammy, because people with IBS have a lower threshold for gut pain in the first place.
Hot dog day for Turner, CEO of Heather's Tummy Care
(Canine Executive Officer)
- So what can you do? Try everything possible to keep your home cool and breezy, especially your bedroom, so you sleep well at night.
- Take cool showers or baths to lower your body temperature.
- Be extra careful with your diet. Now is not the time to splurge. If you're struggling, stick to the safe foods list and "what to eat when you can't eat anything."
- Can't beat the heat? Escape to air conditioned public places like movie theaters, libraries, cafes, or malls - the chillier the better.
- Limit time outside to cool mornings and evenings. Drink lots of cool liquids, especially helpful herbal teas like peppermint and fennel, throughout the day.
Heather Van Vorous &
Heather's Tummy Care
Over 15 Years of IBS Business!
Have other IBS questions? Please call us toll free 866-640-4942.
Outside the continental US? Call direct 206-264-8069.
Get more IBS help at HelpForIBS.com!
See all the IBS Quick Tips!
Thank you for your continued support!
The goal of Heather's Tummy Care is to do good in the world - not just for IBS, but for our employees, our customers, our natural world and its magnificent creatures, and both our local and global communities. We contribute to national and international environmental and wildlife protection funds.
Millions of albatross chicks starve
to death on plastic ocean garbage.
Help us end elephant slaughter.
You're on this newsletter list because you have expressed interest in IBS news and information.
Change your newsletter email address here.
If you are viewing this newsletter on a website and would like to subscribe for email delivery, please "Join the IBS Newsletter" here.
ANTI-SPAM PRIVACY & SECURITY POLICY
Heather's Tummy Care
19203 70th Ave S
Kent, WA 98032 USA
© 2018 Heather Van Vorous, Heather's Tummy Care. All rights reserved.
Authored by Heather Van Vorous. May not be reproduced without permission.
USA Copyright Office Registration Number TXU 1-270-858 and others.