All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Oh my god yuuuuummmmmmmmmmmm!!!
      #259272 - 04/20/06 01:49 PM
susieannah

Reged: 02/13/05
Loc: sussex, england

It was my mums birthday today and fed up of always watching everyone else tuck into birthday cake I decided to make the chocolate fudge brownie pudding from one of the IBS newsletters for the whole family, well what can I say, talk about death by chocolate! I miss chocolate more than anything and occasionly cheat the diet for it and usually end up paying for it, but I would rather eat that pudding than a 200g bar of milk chocolate it was sooooooo nice.
Just wanted to tell everyone because nobody should miss out on the experience of how good this pudding tastes. The only downside is that the whole family loved it and there were no leftovers
So my advice is make it when no-one else is in the house eat some and hide the rest, once you've tasted it you too will become a selfish chocolate fiend unwilling to share lol!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Oh my god yuuuuummmmmmmmmmmm!!! new
      #259293 - 04/20/06 03:00 PM
franny

Reged: 05/16/05
Loc: N. FL

I did a search for this recipe but came up empty handed. Where can I find it...quick I'm having a snack attack!!!

--------------------
Franny
IBS/D
Celiac

#259303 - 04/20/06 04:02 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

All the newsletters are archived here

I think that this is the one that susieannah is talking about

--------------------
S.

#259320 - 04/20/06 05:57 PM
Life.Is.Random

Reged: 03/06/06
Loc: NJ

Are you talking about the "Ultimate Chocolate Pudding Brownies"? THOSE ARE THE MOST DELICIOUS, GOOEY, AND FUDGY BROWNIES I HAVE EVER TASTED!!! Even the bakery ones (of course can't eat) don't compare! I can eat about 1/4 of the batch and not get sick afterwards, which is a real plus, too!!! If anyone loves brownies and chocolate pudding, these are the ones to make!!!

--------------------
Tierney
IBS-C
www.StandardProcess.com[/url] = the home of REAL supplements

LOL!!! new
      #259340 - 04/20/06 07:20 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

If it's any consolation, it really is better when you first make it - the leftovers aren't nearly as tasty as you'd think they'd be. LOL! But yeah. It's good stuff.

#259501 - 04/21/06 01:21 PM
susieannah

Yes sineads right those are the brownies that are heaven on earth, there was one small piece left over from last night, so I managed to put it in a tupperware box and hide it at the back of the fridge, well you should have seen the evil looks I got at the dinner table from the members of my family as I pulled my pudding out from the fridge then popped it in the microwave, and oh my it was still damn good. Am so glad looks cant kill, or I'd have popped my clogs at the dinner table this evening. I decided to remind them that I have a very nasty stomach disorder and deserved some treats every now and then, I might have recieved some sympathy till I followed it with 'now get on and eat your yoghurts lol!!!

#259639 - 04/22/06 03:03 PM
Jms97

Reged: 01/09/06

I just made these and oh my god, YUMMY! This is going to be my favorite receipe when Im craving chocolate!

I guess I am coffee-impaired new
      #260274 - 04/26/06 05:16 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

OK, so I got all excited and made these ... but I had a coffee malfunction. I've never been a coffee drinker at all, so I got my boiling cup of water and dumped the coffee powder in -- and it immediately foamed up out of the cup and cascaded everywhere (on the counter, floor, silverware drawer, ugh-etc). Is this normal coffee behavior??

And after all that, I wasn't too crazy about the brownies. I mean, they turned out fine, but they seemed very dark chocolate-y and definitely not very sweet. I really liked the idea of the gooey-stuff-at-the-bottom-of-the-pan thing (even if the actual taste wasn't quite what I'd been expecting) so maybe next time I'll try decreasing the cocoa and bump up the sugar.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Re: I guess I am coffee-impaired new
      #260420 - 04/27/06 12:50 PM
susieannah

I didnt add coffee to mine as I hate the stuff maybe thats why they seemed a little bitter for you. Try them without the coffee and plenty of sugar you might just change your mind x

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 430 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4135

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review