All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 3/7/05
      #157554 - 03/06/05 06:33 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 3/7 here.... mine will follow later....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 3/7/05 new
      #157688 - 03/07/05 06:57 AM
Shell Marr

Happy Monday everyone.... and good luck with YOUR goals...

--------------------

#157773 - 03/07/05 08:41 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

Ok, I don't remember when the last time I reported in, but my new goal is to try to get up to 1700 calories a day, which about what I should be eating...

Here's calorie totals for the past few days:
Thursday 3/3: 1480
Friday 3/4: 1550
Saturday 3/5: 1565
Sunday 3/6: 1284

I ate two bagels for breakfast while out with family friends, which was wayyyy too much at one sitting, made my IBS act up, and thus didn't feel like eating much the rest of the day.

So I need some help here...need to eat more....eating more makes me feel gross, especially when I'm eating but I'm not hungry...

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

#157824 - 03/07/05 09:50 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Ok, I don't remember when the last time I reported in, but my new goal is to try to get up to 1700 calories a day, which about what I should be eating... OK...

Here's calorie totals for the past few days:
Thursday 3/3: 1480
Friday 3/4: 1550
Saturday 3/5: 1565
Sunday 3/6: 1284 Oh, that is low...

I ate two bagels for breakfast while out with family friends, which was wayyyy too much at one sitting, made my IBS act up, and thus didn't feel like eating much the rest of the day.

So I need some help here...need to eat more....eating more makes me feel gross, especially when I'm eating but I'm not hungry... You need to eat more as in qty or as in calories? If it is calories then it is just a mater of picking foods with the right nutritional values as well as higher in caloires....let us now more what you are looking to do here...so we can better help you...

--------------------

#157832 - 03/07/05 10:05 AM
melitami

I need to eat more calories, I'd rather not eat more in quantity, since that seems to set off my IBS and me just feeling icky.

--------------------
Melissa

good luck... but.. I'm in teh same boat.. new
      #157845 - 03/07/05 10:46 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

a) some fo the fruit breads are yummy!

b) more small amounts all day.. I have taken to grazing.. as DH calls it.. I carry luna bars and good jerky with me at all times and eat whenever I get the chance!

Good luck.. I'm still not up where I need to be, but a lot better then I was.

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

so far today... new
      #157847 - 03/07/05 10:51 AM
khyricat

kashi heart to heart cereal- only 160 cals
2 luna bars- 180 each
1 turkey sandwich- about 200 calories (I have to estimate on the homemade BBQ.. hard to know exactly how much I used, it might be more like 230 cals)

water
2 altoids - 7 calories

Grocery shopped (bought 10 boxes of the old luna bars at whole foods, they don't have the new ones yet, but target had none, and trader joes had the new ones (bought one each of the flavors I like that they had to try)). and a variety of other things, including peppermint reception sticks at trader joes to satisfy my chocolate tooth some at work... and also lots of hummus!

need to go to Meijers again too
gonna bake and just started laundry as well... once things are int he oven I think I'll ride the bike, feeling overstuffed after that sandwich so soon on the heels of the last luna bar, but I haven't eaten enough calories yet today (yes I am having trouble increasing my caloric intake!)

Dinner will be out for thai food
Wish me luck!

Amie

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

#157862 - 03/07/05 11:33 AM
CathUK

Reged: 05/25/04
Loc: Cambridge, UK

A good day at last!!

Breakfast - Crumpet with marmite
Lunch - tortilla wrap with ham and avocado
Dinner - Myshroom soup with brown soda bread

Snacks - chocolate biscuits and a packet of monster munch (naughty I know).

Exercise -

30 mins cardio at the gym, plus weights, sit ups and swimming.

30 min fast walk with Lucy (her first ever walk - and she was a little angel!)

Now if I can just kick the biscuit habit and eat more fruit and veg we'll be getting somewhere!

#157866 - 03/07/05 11:42 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I need to eat more calories, I'd rather not eat more in quantity, since that seems to set off my IBS and me just feeling icky. I'll have to go back and look at some of your reports... I know you do bagels or toast I think w/pumpkin butter can you add fruit to that or a fruit smoothie (I know you don't wanna eat MORE...but maybe in a diferent "form" will help? How about in place of the plain bagel you have one of the fruit breads that are safe for YOUR diet and then add the pumpkin butter to that? I think the breads might have more caloires? And then with your pastas instead of just plain...add in some mushroom, diced zuccuni, canned chopped tomatoes... things that don't add to much volume but more caloires and nutrition. How about a few nuts? Can you do nuts? You can chop them up really good and sprikle over lots of foods... not just for baking anymore...

I like Amie's idea of the jerky... your vegitarian though right? So, maybe YOU could try the Soy Jerky that I've been affraid to try! hehehe

--------------------

Mmm, marmite! new
      #157878 - 03/07/05 12:08 PM
nikjones_uk

Reged: 01/04/05

Are you ok with dairy then? And monster munch - i LOVED them!! But haven't touched then since I got diagnosed!!

Re: so far today...updated 3:30 pm new
      #157885 - 03/07/05 12:38 PM
khyricat

Quote:

2 luna bars- 180 each
1 turkey sandwich- about 200 calories (I have to estimate on the homemade BBQ.. hard to know exactly how much I used, it might be more like 230 cals)

water
2 altoids - 7 calories

Grocery shopped (bought 10 boxes of the old luna bars at whole foods, they don't have the new ones yet, but target had none, and trader joes had the new ones (bought one each of the flavors I like that they had to try)). and a variety of other things, including peppermint reception sticks at trader joes to satisfy my chocolate tooth some at work... and also lots of hummus!

gonna bake and just started laundry as well... once things are int he oven I think I'll ride the bike, feeling overstuffed after that sandwich so soon on the heels of the last luna bar, but I haven't eaten enough calories yet today (yes I am having trouble increasing my caloric intake!)

Wish me luck!

Amie

I also ate 1 muffin sized ADB and 1 scone (the smallest) when they came out of the oven.. I made mini muffin and full muffin ADB's for something else, the chocolate scones are for me- will add some baby food fruit to them, not sweet, but will be good breakfasts.. recipe from the recipe site here is YUMMY!

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

Re: so far today... new
      #157887 - 03/07/05 12:44 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

2 luna bars- 180 each

water
2 altoids - 7 calories hehehe good girl for counting those too!! I love having them in my mouth while at the gym...then my water "feels" colder then it really is.

Grocery shopped (bought 10 boxes WOW you should be set for what about...2.5 months maybe? of the old luna bars at whole foods, they don't have the new ones yet, but target had none, and trader joes had the new ones (bought one each of the flavors I like that they had to try)). and a variety of other things, including peppermint reception sticks at trader joes to satisfy my chocolate tooth some at work... and also lots of hummus!

Wish me luck!

Amie

--------------------

#157890 - 03/07/05 12:52 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

A good day at last!!

Breakfast - Crumpet with marmite
Lunch - tortilla wrap with ham and avocado ham or turkey ham? do you eat pork & beef?
Dinner - Myshroom soup with brown soda bread

Snacks - chocolate biscuits and a packet of monster munch (naughty I know). which flavor of Monster Munch ?

Exercise -

30 mins cardio at the gym, plus weights, sit ups and swimming. Yeah!!

30 min fast walk with Lucy (her first ever walk - and she was a little angel!) AAwww..... how CUTE!!

Now if I can just kick the biscuit habit LOL I know it can be hard.... and eat more fruit and veg we'll be getting somewhere! You will get there....

--------------------

Re: Mmm, marmite! new
      #157891 - 03/07/05 12:53 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Are you ok with dairy then? And monster munch - i LOVED them!! But haven't touched then since I got diagnosed!! carful... some have dairy and artificial sweeteners...

--------------------

#157905 - 03/07/05 02:15 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Quote:

Now if I can just kick the biscuit habit and eat more fruit and veg we'll be getting somewhere!

I'm with Shell... you'll get there! Why not aim for one more fruit/veggie a day? And then another? I still pretty much have to consciously force myself to eat the stuff... other than my daily banana, I really don't *want* the stuff that's good for me, heh. But once you get in the habit, it's really not so bad.

I have a jar of Marmite in the cabinet... I haven't gotten brave enough to try it yet. Heh.

#157930 - 03/07/05 03:46 PM
e_mcmaster

Reged: 01/16/05
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

[B] 1/2 cup (dry) Oat Bran made with 1.25 cups lite soymilk, 2tsp brown sugar and cinnamon, 1 chewy chocolate cookie
[S] 1 serving Low-fat Cinnamon Graham Crackers
[S] 1 piece Pumpkin Apple Spice Bread
[L] Spinach, Beet & Tomato pasta with chicken, broccoli & cauliflower in a fire-roasted garlic & tomato sauce, 1 piece french bread, 1 serving Newman's Own Chocolate Alphabet cookies
[S] 1/2 cup (cooked) white rice with leftover Potatoes Djahli and some cooked eggplant from Friday night, leftover Kachumber salad (tomatoes & cucumbers in lemon juice & spices)
[S] 3 small chewy chocolate cookies
[D] turkey breast and cranberry sauce on sugar-free bread

Total: 1865 cal, 25g fat, 97g protein

Rest day

Oh, and I drank 94oz of water!

--------------------
Elizabeth

all those years it wasn't IBS - it was celiac!
send me an email: liz@dopple.net

#157931 - 03/07/05 03:48 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Worked very hard today including 30 minutes of straight walking (in heavy wind and bitter cold) at 7:45. brrr. Ate oatmeal with raisins, 2 bananas, Luna bar, PB&J, pretzels. Had bowl of cheerios for snack and soup and baguette for dinner with pre-fennel tea to reduce the appetite. I am having a smoothie with strawberry/banana later on. I feel like I didn't have enough insolubles today so the berries should help. Drank so much water I really had to pee bad earlier! so good day.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#157937 - 03/07/05 04:12 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

[B] 1/2 cup (dry) Oat Bran made with 1.25 cups lite soymilk, 2tsp brown sugar and cinnamon, 1 chewy chocolate cookie
[L] Spinach, Beet & Tomato pasta with chicken, broccoli & cauliflower in a fire-roasted garlic & tomato sauce That sounds so good.... if I did not need to feed Shane too I would be adding LOTS more cooked veggies to dishes... I just might start seperating and add stuff to mine...hehehe , 1 piece french bread, 1 serving Newman's Own Chocolate Alphabet cookies Are those any good really? I looked at a package of those today but did not buy them cuz they were like $3.80
[S] 1/2 cup (cooked) white rice with leftover Potatoes Djahli what is Djahli? and some cooked eggplant from Friday night, leftover Kachumber salad (tomatoes & cucumbers in lemon juice & spices)
[S] 3 small chewy chocolate cookies did you make?

Rest day

Oh, and I drank 94oz of water! Yeah!

--------------------

#157939 - 03/07/05 04:14 PM
atomic rose

Pre-breakfast: toast w/ honey
Breakfast: oatmeal w/ brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, & canned peaches
Lunch: 1 cup mashed potatoes, jar of fruit babyfood
Snacks: toast w/ jelly, honeycomb
Dinner: meatloaf pita pizza
Drinks: 4 mugs teeccino w/ stevia & nondairy creamer = 60oz so far

Food & drinks total: 1232 so far, I will almost definitely snack later
Fruits & veggies: 4

Activity:
Nothing, unless you count napping! LOL

Today was completely screwed up... I couldn't sleep last night, so I was goofing off, and suddenly (at 4am, sigh!) I remembered that Adam had his MRI this morning. So I tried to force myself to sleep, which didn't work very well... and then we were at the hospital at 8am. So I ended up sleeping most of the day, which accounts for the low calories and lack of activity.

#157940 - 03/07/05 04:14 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Worked very hard today including 30 minutes of straight walking (in heavy wind and bitter cold) at 7:45. brrr. bbrrr... great job!! Ate oatmeal with raisins, 2 bananas, Luna bar, PB&J, pretzels Oh, wait until you see my report for today... . Had bowl of cheerios for snack and soup and baguette for dinner with pre-fennel tea to reduce the appetite. I am having a smoothie with strawberry/banana later on. I feel like I didn't have enough insolubles today so the berries should help. Drank so much water I really had to pee bad earlier! LOL...me too...wonder if the body will adjust to that much water intake soon?? so good day. Yes, it looks that way!!

--------------------

#157944 - 03/07/05 04:24 PM
e_mcmaster

Reged: 01/16/05
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

The chocolate alphabet cookies are fantastic, but I don't know if I would pay $4 for them. I think I paid $2.

Potatoes Djahli is an Indian dish that is basically quartered, cooked red potatoes in a orange-y colored spicey sauce. I told the waiter about my food intolerances and he claimed there was no dairy or fat in them, and since I had no problems, I think they are safe. And yummy

Yes, the chewy chocolate cookies I made... I think I overbaked them a bit, but they're ok. I'll post the recipe in the recipe forum.

Quote:

Quote:

[L] Spinach, Beet & Tomato pasta with chicken, broccoli & cauliflower in a fire-roasted garlic & tomato sauce That sounds so good.... if I did not need to feed Shane too I would be adding LOTS more cooked veggies to dishes... I just might start seperating and add stuff to mine...hehehe , 1 piece french bread, 1 serving Newman's Own Chocolate Alphabet cookies Are those any good really? I looked at a package of those today but did not buy them cuz they were like $3.80
[S] 1/2 cup (cooked) white rice with leftover Potatoes Djahli what is Djahli? and some cooked eggplant from Friday night, leftover Kachumber salad (tomatoes & cucumbers in lemon juice & spices)

Rest day

--------------------
Elizabeth

all those years it wasn't IBS - it was celiac!
send me an email: liz@dopple.net

#157949 - 03/07/05 04:36 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

The chocolate alphabet cookies are fantastic, but I don't know if I would pay $4 for them. I think I paid $2. OK thanks... I'll see if they are cheaper at Whole Foods then at Safeway.

Potatoes Djahli is an Indian dish that is basically quartered, cooked red potatoes in a orange-y colored spicey sauce. I told the waiter about my food intolerances and he claimed there was no dairy or fat in them, and since I had no problems, I think they are safe. And yummy Sounds good... I have not found an Indian resturant near me...maybe I need to ask Heather if she reccomends one!

Yes, the chewy chocolate cookies I made... I think I overbaked them a bit, but they're ok. I'll post the recipe in the recipe forum. Wonderful..thanks!

Quote:

Quote:

Rest day

--------------------

#157952 - 03/07/05 04:43 PM
Little Minnie

Quote:

Quote:

[L] Spinach, Beet & Tomato pasta with chicken, broccoli & cauliflower in a fire-roasted garlic & tomato sauce That sounds so good.... if I did not need to feed Shane too I would be adding LOTS more cooked veggies to dishes... I just might start seperating and add stuff to mine...hehehe color:purple]Yeah! yum. It reminds me of those Lean Cuisine commercials where a couple ladies say what they have had and it is just terrible stuff and then the last one says this wonderful meal and then 'oh it is one of those Lean Cuisines'.
, 1 piece french bread, 1 serving Newman's Own Chocolate Alphabet cookies Are those any good really? I looked at a package of those today but did not buy them cuz they were like $3.80 [S] 1/2 cup (cooked) white rice with leftover Potatoes Djahli what is Djahli? and some cooked eggplant from Friday night, leftover Kachumber salad (tomatoes & cucumbers in lemon juice & spices)

Rest day

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Indian potatoes new
      #157955 - 03/07/05 04:45 PM
Little Minnie

I was just going to mention that Amy's makes a potato samosa snack/dinner in the freezer section. It is safe and good with mango chutney or ketchup.

--------------------

#157958 - 03/07/05 04:55 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi all!
Okay, here is my reporting in SO FAR, I will have to amend it later...
Exercise: So far, none. Was at school until now. Am going out for dinner with my Dad, and then picking up Adrian at around midnight (I am so excited, I totally missed him so much! Call me clingy, I don't care I WANT CUDDLING!! ). I will try and get on the elliptical either before we go out (depending on when we are going) or between dinner and going out to the airport.

Breakfast: S'mores Luna Bars (which is the last Luna Bar that I got from Seattle *pout*) and mango applesauce = 273 calories

Lunch: Did not have lunch, as I was at school and didn't get time. Had snacks instead...

Snacks: Half lemonzest Luna Bar, 5 arrowroot cookies, 50 g baked lays = 440 calories

Okay, so I don't know what I'll have for dinner as I don't know where we are going but it will be safe as my stomach is pretty grumbly and not liking food much these days!

Water: I am supposed to have 80 oz, so far I have had.. about 30, oy. But it's only 5 o'clock here!

Will amend my report after dinner and hopefully exercise.

**Adrian's coming home, happy dance happy dance**

--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#157960 - 03/07/05 04:59 PM
Stephie

Quote:

Lunch: 1 cup mashed potatoes, jar of fruit babyfood After reading that you eat some babyfood, I got some at the local drug store and it was AWFUL! I think I must have gotten a yucky kind, I can't remember what it was now but it just tasted like slime! I will have to try some again soon.
Dinner: meatloaf pita pizza This sounds really yummy - what is it?

Fruits & veggies: 4 Well done! I still have so much trouble getting enough fruit and veg into my diet

Activity:
Nothing, unless you count napping! LOL That was me yesterday! My Dad came down and asked me if I'd worked out today, and I said, "No... I took a long nap, though..." Ooops!

Today was completely screwed up... I couldn't sleep last night, so I was goofing off, and suddenly (at 4am, sigh!) I remembered that Adam had his MRI this morning. So I tried to force myself to sleep, which didn't work very well... and then we were at the hospital at 8am. So I ended up sleeping most of the day, which accounts for the low calories and lack of activity. Bah, lack of sleep is the worste... and the more you try to force it, the worse it gets! I would have ended up sleeping all day too if that had been me. Is Adam okay? I hope his tests went well!

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#157981 - 03/07/05 06:13 PM
atomic rose

Quote:

Quote:

Lunch: 1 cup mashed potatoes, jar of fruit babyfood After reading that you eat some babyfood, I got some at the local drug store and it was AWFUL! I think I must have gotten a yucky kind, I can't remember what it was now but it just tasted like slime! I will have to try some again soon. Slime, LOL!! I shouldn't laugh, the first babyfood I bought was perfectly horrible too. What brands do you have up there? I only buy Gerber, because the others I've tried are awful. I also find that the plain fruits aren't sweet enough for me - I add a smidge of honey or sugar if I get those.
Dinner: meatloaf pita pizza This sounds really yummy - what is it? Super easy! I take a pita bread, spread it with about a tablespoon of tomato sauce, and then top it with some leftover meatloaf crumbled up (I use Shell's recipe) and some mushrooms. Sprinkle with soy parmesan, and bake till everything's hot. You could add soy mozzarella too, of course, but I never buy the stuff so I eat it without.

Fruits & veggies: 4 Well done! I still have so much trouble getting enough fruit and veg into my diet

Activity:
Nothing, unless you count napping! LOL That was me yesterday! My Dad came down and asked me if I'd worked out today, and I said, "No... I took a long nap, though..." Ooops!

Today was completely screwed up... I couldn't sleep last night, so I was goofing off, and suddenly (at 4am, sigh!) I remembered that Adam had his MRI this morning. So I tried to force myself to sleep, which didn't work very well... and then we were at the hospital at 8am. So I ended up sleeping most of the day, which accounts for the low calories and lack of activity. Bah, lack of sleep is the worste... and the more you try to force it, the worse it gets! I would have ended up sleeping all day too if that had been me. Is Adam okay? I hope his tests went well!

Adam is, hopefully, ok. Honestly, I'm really worried about him. He has these severe headaches that don't respond to painkillers, and he gets occasional vision distortion and dizziness. Hence the MRI. I don't know how long it takes to get the results back, but hopefully it won't be too long, so I can stop worrying that he has a brain tumor.

#157982 - 03/07/05 06:16 PM
atomic rose

Aww! I'm so excited for you that Adrian's coming home today! Adam and I have been apart maybe once since we moved in together, and it SUCKED. Have fun cuddling!

#157996 - 03/07/05 06:33 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

Ok..

Exercise- 1hour long step aerobics class- lets hope I can walk tomorrow this time. (burns about 500 cals)

Breakfast- Sweet Dreams luna bar.. and about 1/3 cup dry rice krispys

Lunch- progresso chicken noodle soup and french bread

Dinner- Chinese.. which is where I fell off the wagon.. but i'm pmsing.. and have been working out alot. Sadly, I got D about five times after the fact.. like within five minutes of finishing it..s o hopefully that got rid of some of the calories.. does that actually work btw?

Snacks- 1 leftover mini meatloaf muffin, 1 small piece of blueberry bread, an orange, and about 4 strawberries.

--------------------

#158033 - 03/07/05 08:38 PM
Jane Doe

Reged: 03/07/05
Loc: Minnesota, USA

I have a question. Does anyone know any yoga stretches to stimulate a bowel movement? I used to know from my Health instructor at the College of Santa Fe. My good friend is in the other room in immense pain. He's been having difficuties since I've know him with frequent bowel movements. I'm more regular than anyone I know. My tricks of apples or prunes aren't helping. I feel so badly for him. Any recommendations?

Quote:

Everyone post their report for what you did on 3/7 here.... mine will follow later....

--------------------
Jane Doe

Welcome, April! new
      #158037 - 03/07/05 08:47 PM
atomic rose

I think you might find something helpful right here, in the Yoga for IBS section of the website. You might also want to stop giving him prunes, as that can sometimes make matters worse (I could explain, but I really suggest reading through the Diet material on this website for further information - it's explained a lot better than I can do!) Good luck to your friend!

Amendment - Final Reporting in for today! new
      #158038 - 03/07/05 08:51 PM
Stephie

Hi all!
So I managed 15 minutes on the elliptical before I went to dinner, but I went really slow so I didn't get all sweaty and could just clean up quick before dinner.
Burned: 50 calories.

Food Budget: 1258 calories

Dinner: Penne with chicken breasts and mushrooms in a tomato sauce and one piece of bread with some balsamic vinegar = ?? I don't know how many calories. I ate about half of it, and brought the rest home.

So before dinner my calorie count was.. 713 calories. So as long as my dinner was under.. 546 calories, I stayed within my calorie budget.. which I am sure it was.

Yay for me.
I weighed myself again today (which I know I shouldn't do, bad Stephanie!!) and I am back up to 160 lbs. So the 3 lbs I lost are back apparently.. I just don't understand how come I have been exercising more, and eating less and still weigh more than I ever have. I am trying not to get frustrated, but I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. I used to eat WEIGH more calories and never do any exercise, and never got above 140 lbs.
Anywho, that's all from me today.. 2 hours 'til Adrian arrives!!!
--Steph

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Mmm, marmite! new
      #158089 - 03/08/05 02:25 AM
CathUK

Reged: 05/25/04
Loc: Cambridge, UK

To be honest, since I started the anti-depressents I can eat pretty much anything within reason as long as I rotate it. Too much dairy is very bad (it makes my ears and sinuses go funny), as is too much potato. I don't eat much red meat but a little bit of ham is OK. Marmite is strictly rationed because of the yeast.

Monster munch are good for me because they are corn rather than straight potato.

Sugar always makes me sick, as does fruit and veg on an empty tum. So do sugary drinks, or drinks and sweets with sweetners in them.

It's another matter if I get tired, nervous or ill- then its straight back to the IBS diet for me!!

Oh and exercise really helps, so if I don't do that I have to be careful.

Steph... new
      #158105 - 03/08/05 04:38 AM
atomic rose

Are you sure you're eating enough calories? I'm only asking because your food budget is less than mine by quite a lot, and you're a lot more active than I am! That might have something to do with the lack of loss, but if you've already figured it out and it's the right level for ya, disregard that.

*hugs* I know it's frustrating, but hang in there & keep at it!

#158134 - 03/08/05 06:10 AM
Sparky

Reged: 01/06/04
Loc: MI

Hello everyone! It is a beautiful sunny (but COLD) morning here. Here's my report for yesterday (Monday):

Breakfast - multigrain cereal w/vanilla soy milk, raisins, cinnamon. OJ w/fiber powder. 16 oz coffee w/cream&Sugar
Snacks - Banana AND apple (STARVING this morning for some reason???)
Lunch - Turkey on white sub bun w/spicy mustard (Mondays at lunch I go to a nearby elementary school and have lunch w/a little 5h grade girl for Big Brothers Big Sisters. I always feel so bad b/c she has to eat the school lunch and it is always GROSS! And she is so skinny! Next time I will have to bring her something good. But today we had fun painting our nails )
Snack - few dried apricots
Dinner - leftover beef stew w/carrots and potatoes, 2 biscuits w/butter and honey.
Dessert - rice crispy treat w/glazed frosting - SOOOO naughty! I went grocery shopping and saw that there and COULD NOT help myself. I am rationalizing that it was less detrimental than a piece of cake or cookie or donut or something. And I only ate 2/3 of it. Granted it was quite large so that was probably like 1.5 regular sized rice crispy treats.

Excercise - 17 min on the elliptical (YAY! Foot is still on the mend!!) w/5 min walking warm up and cooldown. Crunches and lower body work on ball. 10 "sort of" pushups.

Water - I've been forgetting to report this. My guestimate for Monday is 60 oz. I don't like to drink a lot in the afternoon when I know I'm going to work out after work - I get side stitches really easily.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~
STEF
~~~~~~~~~~

#158200 - 03/08/05 08:39 AM
khyricat

Quote:

Quote:

2 luna bars- 180 each

water
2 altoids - 7 calories

gonna bake and just started laundry as well... once things are in the oven I think I'll ride the bike, feeling overstuffed after that sandwich so soon on the heels of the last luna bar, but I haven't eaten enough calories yet today (yes I am having trouble increasing my caloric intake!)

Wish me luck!

Amie

I also ate 1 muffin sized ADB and 1 scone (the smallest) when they came out of the oven.. I made mini muffin and full muffin ADB's for something else, the chocolate scones are for me- will add some baby food fruit to them, not sweet, but will be good breakfasts.. recipe from the recipe site here is YUMMY!

we ate out- I ate an entire order of chicken drunken noodle- OH so good, but I was a PIG! and then applesauce to take my sfs

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

#158203 - 03/08/05 08:44 AM
JaneC

Reged: 02/20/05
Loc: England

I am in the same boat (well I've been forcing myself to eat loads recently, but usually I am). I hate forcing myself to eat when I'm not hungry, but if I eat very much at once, my tummy gets bloated and I get cramps- it's a no-win situation I am seriously tempted to just give up on forcing myself to eat though as I've done nothing but make myself feel ill for about a week now, and I'm fed up!

I don't count calories, and I probably should because I am technically underweight (although I like being thin!) and lose weight pretty easily. If you're also veggie, then you might be having the same problem I do that it's hard to get enough calories without eating the bulky things that give us problems.

I don't know, maybe we can team up or something? I'm glad I'm not the only one out there. It feels really weird battling with not eating too much at one sitting and then ending up not able to eat enough and losing weight- it seems like something there shouldn't make sense?

--------------------
"This is truly the age of bacteria: as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be."

Snack Jane! new
      #158227 - 03/08/05 09:37 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03

You really do need to just graze throughout the day...I can't go for more than a few hours without a little something to eat.

Re: Snack Jane! new
      #158232 - 03/08/05 10:01 AM
JaneC

I do! But if I'm bloaty I don't feel at all hungry or like eating until I get very low blood sugar, because my tummy feels full all the time.

--------------------
"This is truly the age of bacteria: as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be."

#158249 - 03/08/05 10:27 AM
Shell Marr

OK... here is my reporting in......
My BMR = 2397 + I burned 1405 calories 20 minutes on Elliptical ,then 60 minutes Turbo Kickboxing ) - 1246 less calories to get to my goal = 2556 calorie food budget.

TURBO KICK BOXING Pre-designed Kickboxing interval class using no equipment. Cardio section uses intensity drills and increased energy sprints followed by work recovery segments.

Breakfast: 170 calories Toasted Nuts N Cranberry Luna Bar & Water

Lunch : 309 calories Subway Sandwich (6" on White w/*Double Turkey Breast, Easy Lettuce, Pickle, & Mustard) *Note: double meat only added 50 calories & Water

Snacks during the day not in any order: 664 calories Ginger Altoid, 4oz Fruit Cocktail juice drained, 45 Jellybellys, 1/3 cup Dried Mango, 8oz Poweraide (had MAJOR leg cramp about midnight ),1/2 oz Pumpernickle Onion Pretzel Sticks (that is why I needed the ginger altoid ), 1oz Rice Sembei Snacks - Tamari (soy sauce), 2 rolls of Smarties & Water

While Working Out: 7 calories 2 Altoids & Water

Dinner: 709 calories Leftover Amie's Pulled Chicken on Toasted Roll, Baked Lays & Water

Fiber Pills: 2.25 calories total

Without any more snacks at all....(subject to change) = 1861.25 calories

Total Water intake = 144 oz

I DID have UFO w/water. That DID added 250 calories for a total of 2111.25 . HIGH but....still in my food budget!!

--------------------

#158253 - 03/08/05 10:31 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Lunch: 1 cup mashed potatoes, jar of fruit babyfood
Dinner: meatloaf pita pizza

Fruits & veggies: 4

Activity:
Nothing, unless you count napping! LOL hehehe...so does that mean I get to count when I fell asleep at the computer at work for about 4-5 mins? LOL

Today was completely screwed up... I couldn't sleep last night, so I was goofing off, and suddenly (at 4am, sigh!) I remembered that Adam had his MRI this morning. Did I miss something.... what is this for? Hope he is ok... So I tried to force myself to sleep, which didn't work very well... and then we were at the hospital at 8am. So I ended up sleeping most of the day, which accounts for the low calories and lack of activity.

--------------------

#158255 - 03/08/05 10:34 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hi all!
Okay, here is my reporting in SO FAR, I will have to amend it later...
Exercise: So far, none. Was at school until now. Am going out for dinner with my Dad, and then picking up Adrian at around midnight WWWWWOOOOOOHHHHHOOOOO!!!! (I am so excited, I totally missed him so much! Call me clingy, I don't care I WANT CUDDLING!! ). I will try and get on the elliptical either before we go out (depending on when we are going) or between dinner and going out to the airport.

Breakfast: S'mores Luna Bars (which is the last Luna Bar that I got from Seattle *pout*) Oh, that sucks!! How far is it for you to get to Blaine? They have them there don't they?? and mango applesauce = 273 calories

Lunch: Did not have lunch, as I was at school and didn't get time. Had snacks instead...

Snacks: Half lemonzest Luna Bar, 5 arrowroot cookies, 50 g baked lays = 440 calories

Okay, so I don't know what I'll have for dinner as I don't know where we are going but it will be safe as my stomach is pretty grumbly and not liking food much these days!

Water: I am supposed to have 80 oz, so far I have had.. about 30, oy. But it's only 5 o'clock here!

Will amend my report after dinner and hopefully exercise.

**Adrian's coming home, happy dance happy dance** HAPPY DANCE!!

--Steph

--------------------

#158256 - 03/08/05 10:36 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Lunch: 1 cup mashed potatoes, jar of fruit babyfood After reading that you eat some babyfood, I got some at the local drug store and it was AWFUL! I think I must have gotten a yucky kind, I can't remember what it was now but it just tasted like slime! I will have to try some again soon. Slime, LOL!! I shouldn't laugh, the first babyfood I bought was perfectly horrible too. What brands do you have up there? I only buy Gerber, because the others I've tried are awful. I also find that the plain fruits aren't sweet enough for me - I add a smidge of honey or sugar if I get those.
Dinner: meatloaf pita pizza This sounds really yummy - what is it? Super easy! I take a pita bread, spread it with about a tablespoon of tomato sauce, and then top it with some leftover meatloaf crumbled up (I use Shell's recipe) and some mushrooms. Sprinkle with soy parmesan, and bake till everything's hot. You could add soy mozzarella too, of course, but I never buy the stuff so I eat it without.

Activity:

Adam is, hopefully, ok. Honestly, I'm really worried about him. He has these severe headaches that don't respond to painkillers, and he gets occasional vision distortion and dizziness. Hence the MRI. I don't know how long it takes to get the results back, but hopefully it won't be too long, so I can stop worrying that he has a brain tumor. oH MY GOODNESSSSSSS......I'll be thinking of you both...I sure hope the test come back negative for a tumor and they find out what is causing everything and FIX him!!

--------------------

Re: Welcome, April! new
      #158259 - 03/08/05 10:38 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I think you might find something helpful right here, in the Yoga for IBS section of the website. You might also want to stop giving him prunes, as that can sometimes make matters worse (I could explain, but I really suggest reading through the Diet material on this website for further information - it's explained a lot better than I can do!) Good luck to your friend!

Welcome and good luck to your friend.... Casey pointed ya in the right direction.

Thanks Casey...

--------------------

Re: Amendment - Final Reporting in for today! new
      #158265 - 03/08/05 10:48 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hi all!
So I managed 15 minutes on the elliptical better then none! before I went to dinner, but I went really slow so I didn't get all sweaty and could just clean up quick before dinner.
Burned: 50 calories.

Food Budget: 1258 calories

Dinner: Penne with chicken breasts and mushrooms in a tomato sauce and one piece of bread with some balsamic vinegar = ?? I don't know how many calories. I ate about half of it, and brought the rest home. sounds good!

So before dinner my calorie count was.. 713 calories. So as long as my dinner was under.. 546 calories for sure it was....I'd guess the WHOLE thing was about 425 , I stayed within my calorie budget.. which I am sure it was.

Yay for me.
I weighed myself again today (which I know I shouldn't do, bad Stephanie!!) and I am back up to 160 lbs. So the 3 lbs I lost are back apparently.. I just don't understand how come I have been exercising more, and eating less and still weigh more than I ever have. Did you weigh yourself at the same time of day and wearing the same type of clothing, had you just drank a bunch of water? Those are all things to concider..... as Kandee pointed out to me in an email... here I'll qoute it....

Quote:

Shell, about your weigh-in day..and that crummy one pound gain..did you realize you drank 6 1/2 POUNDS of water that day?
Kandee

I am trying not to get frustrated, but I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. I used to eat WEIGH more calories and never do any exercise, and never got above 140 lbs.
Anywho, that's all from me today.. 2 hours 'til Adrian arrives!!! Yeah!!!
--Steph

--------------------

#158270 - 03/08/05 10:51 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hello everyone! It is a beautiful sunny (but COLD) morning here. Here's my report for yesterday (Monday):

Breakfast - multigrain cereal w/vanilla soy milk, raisins, cinnamon. OJ w/fiber powder. 16 oz coffee w/cream&Sugar
Snacks - Banana AND apple (STARVING this morning for some reason???)
Lunch - Turkey on white sub bun w/spicy mustard (Mondays at lunch I go to a nearby elementary school and have lunch w/a little 5h grade girl for Big Brothers Big Sisters. Oh, how sweet!! I always feel so bad b/c she has to eat the school lunch and it is always GROSS! And she is so skinny! Next time I will have to bring her something good. Yeah, bring her teh grub!! lol But today we had fun painting our nails ) how fun!
Snack - few dried apricots
Dinner - leftover beef stew w/carrots and potatoes, 2 biscuits w/butter and honey.
Dessert - rice crispy treat w/glazed frosting - SOOOO naughty! I went grocery shopping and saw that there and COULD NOT help myself. I am rationalizing that it was less detrimental than a piece of cake or cookie or donut or something. And I only ate 2/3 of it. Granted it was quite large so that was probably like 1.5 regular sized rice crispy treats.

Excercise - 17 min on the elliptical (YAY! Foot is still on the mend!!) w/5 min walking warm up and cooldown. Crunches and lower body work on ball. 10 "sort of" pushups. good job.... concidering your poor foot

Water - I've been forgetting to report this. My guestimate for Monday is 60 oz. I don't like to drink a lot in the afternoon when I know I'm going to work out after work - I get side stitches really easily.

--------------------

#158273 - 03/08/05 10:53 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

2 luna bars- 180 each

water
2 altoids - 7 calories

gonna bake and just started laundry as well... once things are in the oven I think I'll ride the bike, feeling overstuffed after that sandwich so soon on the heels of the last luna bar, but I haven't eaten enough calories yet today (yes I am having trouble increasing my caloric intake!)

Wish me luck!

Amie

I also ate 1 muffin sized ADB and 1 scone (the smallest) when they came out of the oven.. Oh, the temptation!! lol I made mini muffin and full muffin ADB's for something else, the chocolate scones are for me- will add some baby food fruit to them, not sweet, but will be good breakfasts.. recipe from the recipe site here is YUMMY!

we ate out- I ate an entire order of chicken drunken noodle- OH so good, but I was a PIG! oops.....but you've been so good, it is ok once in awhile..... and then applesauce to take my sfs

--------------------

#158304 - 03/08/05 11:24 AM
melitami

Ok, sorry I'm late, I'm giving finals to the freshmen engineers this week...

Total calories: 1622! I was so proud of myself when I added everything up last night!

breakfast: plain toasted bagel with pumpkin butter
At work: unsweetened applesauce, piece of spinach bread (this time made with 1C of spinach, not the 1/2C the recipe calls for, and it's even tastier!), vegan blueberry muffin, plain bagel with smidge of peanut butter and seedless strawberry jam
Dinner: pasta with Prego garden combination sauce, half piece of spinach bread
Dessert/snack: mango tangerine sorbet

exercise: 20 minute walk into work with laptop in backpack (my shoulders have been killing me lately, trying to see if the backpack helps with that as opposed to the shoulder bag), 4 hours of giving exams (meaning being up and around answering questions and signing off on answers, all with an extremely sore right leg!)....bf drove me home luckily, and I could spend most of the night with heating pad on my leg, it's not as bad today, but I'm only giving 2 hours of exams instead of 4, so I've managed to stay off of it mostly....

--------------------
Melissa

#158322 - 03/08/05 11:38 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Ok, sorry I'm late, I'm giving finals to the freshmen engineers this week... Hey, that is ok.... I just did mine like an hour ago!!

Total calories: 1622! I was so proud of myself when I added everything up last night! YAH!!

At work: unsweetened applesauce, piece of spinach bread (this time made with 1C of spinach, not the 1/2C the recipe calls for, and it's even tastier!) yum.... it's on my list of stuff to try!! , vegan blueberry muffin is this one posted in the index? , plain bagel with smidge of peanut butter and seedless strawberry jam

exercise: 20 minute walk into work with laptop in backpack (my shoulders have been killing me lately, trying to see if the backpack helps with that as opposed to the shoulder bag), 4 hours of giving exams (meaning being up and around answering questions and signing off on answers, all with an extremely sore right leg!)....bf drove me home luckily, and I could spend most of the night with heating pad on my leg, it's not as bad today, oh good but I'm only giving 2 hours of exams instead of 4, so I've managed to stay off of it mostly....

--------------------

#158331 - 03/08/05 11:46 AM
melitami

Quote:

Quote:

Ok, sorry I'm late, I'm giving finals to the freshmen engineers this week... Hey, that is ok.... I just did mine like an hour ago!!

Total calories: 1622! I was so proud of myself when I added everything up last night! YAH!!

At work: unsweetened applesauce, piece of spinach bread (this time made with 1C of spinach, not the 1/2C the recipe calls for, and it's even tastier!) yum.... it's on my list of stuff to try!! , vegan blueberry muffin is this one posted in the index? Yup! Here I used canned blueberries for this batch, I have some frozen ones to try for the next one! , plain bagel with smidge of peanut butter and seedless strawberry jam

exercise: 20 minute walk into work with laptop in backpack (my shoulders have been killing me lately, trying to see if the backpack helps with that as opposed to the shoulder bag), 4 hours of giving exams (meaning being up and around answering questions and signing off on answers, all with an extremely sore right leg!)....bf drove me home luckily, and I could spend most of the night with heating pad on my leg, it's not as bad today, oh good but I'm only giving 2 hours of exams instead of 4, so I've managed to stay off of it mostly....

--------------------
Melissa

Shell! new
      #158385 - 03/08/05 01:26 PM
Stephie

I weighed myself again today (which I know I shouldn't do, bad Stephanie!!) and I am back up to 160 lbs. So the 3 lbs I lost are back apparently.. I just don't understand how come I have been exercising more, and eating less and still weigh more than I ever have. Did you weigh yourself at the same time of day and wearing the same type of clothing, had you just drank a bunch of water? Those are all things to concider..... as Kandee pointed out to me in an email... here I'll qoute it....

Quote:

Shell, about your weigh-in day..and that crummy one pound gain..did you realize you drank 6 1/2 POUNDS of water that day?
Kandee

I do weigh myself at the same time - right in the morning after I pee! And I'm always wearin' the same thing 'cause I'm always nekkid! Plus, since it is first thing in the morning and right after I pee, I shouldn't be carrying around a bunch of water with me.
I just don't know!
--Steph

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Steph... new
      #158387 - 03/08/05 01:35 PM
Stephie

Hi Casey,
Well, I'm not positive but the way I figured it out was through the Diet and Exercise thingie on my computer. It says that my body burns 1884 calories a day. To reach my goal (lose 5 lbs in one month), I need to eat 625 fewer calories than my body burns, which is..
1209. Then if I do any exercise (which I should be doing every day!) then I can add that on, like yesterday it was 1259 'cause I elliptical'd for 15 minutes.

I feel like it's not much to eat either. I don't know if it's 'cause of that or the cold I have, or a combination of the two but I am _exhausted_ most of the time. No matter how much I exercise, or how much sleep I get at night. I don't get it! Like today, I have time and I really feel like I want to jump on the elliptical machine now but when I get up, I feel like I'm gonna pass out I'm so tired!
My ideal weight is between 125-130 and that's like 35 lbs to lose!! If I can't even lose 5 lbs in a month, how am I gonna lose that much?? Oy!

--Steph

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Snack Jane! new
      #158567 - 03/09/05 02:08 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03

Fennel tea is great for that with me.

Re: Fennel tea new
      #158573 - 03/09/05 02:19 AM
JaneC

yeah, I do drink loads of tea, but I just don't always feel hungry. I think hunger tends to be correlated with exercise for me, so if I haven't just run 6 miles or whatever, I'm not hungry.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 111 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 60569

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review