All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
new user - diet advice please
      #89274 - 07/13/04 06:28 AM
Jo_029

Reged: 07/13/04

I suffer with severe constipation and would like any help and advice on diet and recipes that can help. I have problems eating high fibre foods and rice which is obviously adding to my problems. [color:#666666] [/color]

Hope to hear from you
Thanx,
Jo.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Welcome Jo! new
      #89276 - 07/13/04 06:36 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Hi Jo, and welcome to the boards! I also tend toward C so I know how you feel. Personally, I found adding more veggies back into my diet one of the best ways to stay more regular. I just make sure they're cooked and in many cases pureed or mashed. There are plenty of good veggie recipes on the recipe index, and maybe they wouldn't bother you as much as whole grains and those types of high fiber foods.

Also, here are a couple of great threads on C and insoluble fiber you might want to check out:

Booo on constipation
I miss pooping
Getting insoluble fiber foods too

Good luck and let us know what else we can do to help!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Re: new user - diet advice please new
      #89277 - 07/13/04 06:37 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Hi Jo--

Have you read the sticky notes at the top of the forum and the link for "IBS Diet & Recipes" to the left? There's lots of good information there to get you started.

Heather's diet is great for C, but you must be sure that you're getting insolubles along with your soluble fiber. Fluids and exercise are also crucial.

Look around the site and do some reading - you'll learn a lot!

--AC

Welcome, Jo new
      #89354 - 07/13/04 09:59 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Just wanted to say welcome. I also suffer from IBS-C. Besides all the great advice you will read here, one of the best things that helps me is drinking very warm water with lemon juice. I know it sounds gross, but once you get used to it, you will see how soothing it feels to your stomach---and how much it helps. Sometimes it gets things moving!!! Try it when your stomach feels like it's in a cramp.

#89500 - 07/13/04 02:37 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Welcome from me too Jo!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

In addition... new
      #89505 - 07/13/04 02:44 PM
Shanna

Reged: 11/15/03
Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA

... to the diet, make sure you are exercising daily (a long walk or a good jog is great). Also, relax each day by reading, writing, painting, listening to music... whatever. I have found that IBS is both physical and psychological or physiological. GOOD LUCK!

--------------------
"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." -- e e cummings

#89781 - 07/14/04 08:43 AM
ssr

Reged: 06/29/04
Loc: St. Louis, MO

I am C also and everyone is different...I am new here as well, and in reading, I see allot of ideas that have not worked for me...AND some very helpful new tips. The important thing is to try ONE NEW THING AT A TIME. Otherwise you won't know what helped or hurt you! Hot liquid helps me; also hot followed by ice cold. I totally agree with the exercising...good for the head too! But as for fibers and foods, try some new ideas one at a time. Best wishes!!!!!!!and welcome.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1471 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 737

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review