All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
how did you manage to get your symptoms under control?
      #371426 - 08/29/14 01:22 PM
zuzanka

Reged: 08/29/14
Loc: West Yorkshire UK

Hi everyone. I was wondering if people would be willing to share their story on how they managed to get their symptoms under control? I dont know if this is already somewhere in the post but I feel really low and helpless and worried and not sure how to get this under control and I think if people would share their story, it might help me to understand what you all did to feel better and I can try similar approach. There is just so much stuff to do and take and I dont know what is the best and what really works. And I know its all up to the individual and we are not the same but hearing other people's stories and how they managed would give me hope that it's doable.
thank you

--------------------
IBS -D for for 8 years.
vasculitis.
currently not on any medication - awaiting to see a rheumatologist for more tests.
diarrhoea really bad - waking me up at night.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: how did you manage to get your symptoms under control? new
      #371427 - 08/29/14 04:02 PM
sgcray

Reged: 01/22/14
Loc: AZ, USA

I was thinking the same thing when I was on some profiles and no Bios people?? Yours?

Edited by sgcray (08/29/14 11:44 PM)

Re: how did you manage to get your symptoms under control? new
      #371431 - 08/30/14 07:30 AM
zuzanka

Reged: 08/29/14
Loc: West Yorkshire UK

I am asking because my IBS flarred up really bad and at the moment everything just goes straight through me. I was just using imodium but dont want to do that forever. So I was wondering what people do and take to help? Thanks

--------------------
IBS -D for for 8 years.
vasculitis.
currently not on any medication - awaiting to see a rheumatologist for more tests.
diarrhoea really bad - waking me up at night.

Re: how did you manage to get your symptoms under control? EVERYONE: new
      #371434 - 08/30/14 12:17 PM
sgcray

I have had my info available..Please put your info for your signature and bio by editing your profile. You can find detailed signatures and bios hopefully, looking back at older posts' signatures and bios. It would be easiest for immediate need to read Heather's info for foods, supplements, prescriptions etc..on the website and in her books especially. Meanwhile, we're here for you, understanding...because we either are going through it, or have been through it. P.S.: http://www.helpforibs.com/shop/reviews.asp?item=SUPLMTS_ACACIA-CAN ACACIA FOR YOUR IBS-D[/url]

Edited by sgcray (08/30/14 02:27 PM)

#371495 - 09/30/14 04:41 AM
Sassie

Reged: 07/02/13
Loc: The Netherlands, Europe

Hi there,
I have not much problems anymore with my IBS. I eat healthy, follow the ibs diet and use the fibre.
We don't use any packages or cans for food. We make our own. I don't drink coffee anymore.. ahh well, now and then (once in 2 months) I drink an irish coffee.. (can't help it.. ).

I drink a lot of herbal teas and plain water. Not too cold.

In times of stress or if I am in a real hurry and I eat way too fast I just get problems again.

Sometimes we will have something what is a real no for ibs but then I make sure to stay at home that evening and the next day.

We still go to restaurants. I just love having diner outside now and then. I try to eat fish or just vegetarian and i try to think in an ibs safe way. Often it goes well but sometimes it goes wrong in a restaurant.

It helps to be aware of what you can eat safely and ask in restaurants what is in the receipt.

Oh, and in the beginning I was more strikt in the diet. Start with the diet till you feel okay. Then you can try what works for you.

Good luck!
Maybe it will help you a little.

Saskia

#371503 - 10/01/14 12:28 AM
sgcray

That's a very nice post Saskia.

Combination of EFI and low FODMAP new
      #371504 - 10/01/14 04:23 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

I used a combination of Heathers low insoluble fiber approach and the clinically proven low FODMAP diet. The low FODMAP diet has been shown to reduce symptoms in 70-80% of IBS suffers. Kate Scarlata - a dietitian with IBS - has written an excellent overview article on the FODMAP diet

FODMAP: Road map for IBS

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 690 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4521

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review