All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Pregonant in misery
      #367728 - 07/05/12 10:10 AM
Ahhh

Reged: 06/27/12

I cant go to the bathrom anymore without doing an enema,which isn't helping. I barely go.

Also as the Ibs worsens so does leg pain sometimes I'm limping. I've been drinking low pulp orange juice a few cups a day. I've been up at night very tired and too uncomfortable to sleep.

My other post had many views and no replies. I'm considering finding other groups.

Thanks

--------------------
ibs-D & bloating,mucus,gerd,incomplete evacuation.
diet-no preservatives,no table salt,homemade cooking,grains-sushi rice,rice flour,oatmeal,gluten&soy free

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Pregonant in misery new
      #367729 - 07/05/12 11:49 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Sorry to hear you are having a difficult time and that your other posts have not been answered. The likely reason the other posts have not been answered is because questions regarding the diet are best posted here where answers to general questions are addressed.

Have you been diagnosed with IBS by a GI doctor?

It would be helpful if you could give list the foods and snacks you have eaten in the past 2-3 days.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Re: Pregonant in misery new
      #367731 - 07/05/12 01:50 PM
Ahhh

Yes I was diagnosed.

I had white rice,grilled chicken,salmon,bananas spinach(cooked and blended) potatoes(mashed no skins) boiled tomatoes skins removed and tomatoes blended,orange juice.

I did an enema today and it was diahrea

What questions or tests should I ask my doctor?

Thanks

--------------------
diet-no preservatives,no table salt,homemade cooking,grains-sushi rice,rice flour,oatmeal,gluten&soy free

Edited by Ahhh (07/05/12 03:20 PM)

Re: Pregnancy in misery new
      #367736 - 07/06/12 04:50 AM
Syl

I am a bit confused. In your signature it says you are IBS-D yet in your posting you say you are backed up with IBS-C and take an enema which would make you IBS-D. Would please explain? Were you IBS-D before your pregnancy and since have become IBS-C which is common? If this is the case then it might be wise to talk to your doctor.

Your meals look reasonable but you don't seem to be getting enough fiber particularly insoluble fiber. Are you taking a soluble fiber supplement?

--------------------

Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach

#367739 - 07/06/12 07:23 AM
Ahhh

My stools aren't hard. I have had right side intestinal pain. I haven't been goIng much in the last week.

I remember I had a little bit of my moms potato salad and some store bought garlic bread.

I did an enema because I thought I was backed up. What happened was almost dirreah and lots of intestinal mucus.

Well I think maybe my bloating is causing me to not be able eliminate properly. What could the increase in pain be? Before it was only a little cramping before a bathroom trip,sometimes.

I want to start eating wheat again,may have a waffle. I have just stopped a bit ago.

Btw where is the recipe index?

Thanks

--------------------

#367740 - 07/06/12 07:39 AM
Syl

It sounds like you are experiencing colon spasms which is common for IBS. The potato salad and garlic bread could have been a problem depending on the ingredients in the potato salad.

You might consider supplementing Heather Eating for IBS diet with the FODMAP approach to managing IBS symptoms. This approach is described in the first two links in my signature. It is a clinically tested approach. Many of us on the board use it in conjunction with Heather diet with reasonable success.

The recipe index can be found here

--------------------

#367742 - 07/06/12 10:04 AM
Ahhh

Ice cream is food map friendly. I want to use stevia for all sugar,homemade ice cream.

I notice maple syrup is on friendly list,however I find I have more problems with maple syrup than honey which is on the caution list. What does that indicate?

After reading wheat was a fructan Im not sure if you would get a lot of relief going gluten free...heather's recipes contain gluten and the recope index has recipes with alot.

also,do foods play a role in the amount of intestinal mucus in ibs?

I have listed gerd on my signature. I don't get often.

Thanks

--------------------

#367743 - 07/06/12 10:44 AM
Syl

If you read the first link in my signature it says "Individuals should avoid lactose-rich foods such as ice cream, milk, condensed milk, and most soft cheeses (eg, cottage cheese), as they are not FODMAP friendly for those with lactose intolerance". And Heather recommends avoid all dairy products including ice cream.

Not sure what that indicates unless you not using pure maple syrup but a syrup containing artificial maple flavor perhaps with high fructose corn syrup. What is the brand name of the maple syrup you are using?

GI spasms caused by foods or other irritants can produce intestinal mucus.

It is quite easy to follow Heather diet and be gluten or fructan free. You just have to be careful which recipes you choose.

--------------------

#367744 - 07/06/12 11:42 AM
Ahhh

I see. Are you following the diet by ibs friendly recipes?.

I don't remember brand name. It was pure natural 100% syrup. I haven't used it recently,more recently had some honey.

ok gluten and fructan free.

I made heathers cream of celery soup today and I didn't have acacia powdered it calls for it. I wonder if you substitute or leave out?

Thanks

--------------------

#367746 - 07/06/12 12:08 PM
Syl

You can leave it out. Acacia powder is a soluble fiber supplement that can optionally be added to recipes.

I follow a combination of Heather's eating for IBS diet and the FODMAP diet.

Good luck

--------------------

#367747 - 07/06/12 02:23 PM
Ahhh

The only supplements I'm taking is folic acid. I wanted to know if probiotics/digestive enzymes reduce bloating.

I used to take a product called shakeology I could eat some raw foods and was more regular.

Do you think some people with ibs need to blend all fruits and vegtables?

What cereals might be ibs friendly list gluten free and ones containing gluten.

Thanks

--------------------

#367750 - 07/07/12 04:52 AM
Syl

Some probiotics that have clinically tested for effectiveness in managing IBS symptoms will help with bloating. Some probiotics that have been tested are Align, VSL#3 and digestive advantage.

It is possible that the high fructose content of Shakology was having a laxative effective.

Many people with IBS have to blend fruits and veggies but not all.

One of the best cereals is regular oatmeal not an instant oatmeal with other added ingredients.

--------------------

#367751 - 07/07/12 07:42 AM
Ahhh

I purchased rice chec after I say heather's party mix.(will be good without buying liquid smoke?)

I have almond coconut milk I think I need to switch to rice. I can't have soy.

I need to settle my stomach im not sleeping enough!

Thanks

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1073 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5651

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review