Joannelcoq

Reged: 10/16/06
Loc: Long Island, NY

yes or no
Dried figs
Canned stuffed grape leaves (rice)
Any veggie marinaded in vinegar
Coconut (macaroons to be specific) made with egg whites
Raisins and dried cranberries (are these in the dried prune category?) not sure for IBS-Ders
Fruit jellies and marmalades made with sugar not HFCS
Cookies made with carob powder or chips.

Dr. Weil says carob is a natural remedy for 'D'.

Anyone else have food questions not listed on Heathers List, please post. Thanks

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re:No comments on this ???.... Please post other foods not mentioned new
      #293064 - 12/10/06 08:54 AM
Joannelcoq

Reged: 10/16/06
Loc: Long Island, NY

Re: What are your thoughts on these foods.... Please post other foods not mentioned new
      #293066 - 12/10/06 09:33 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

The lists on the Website do not cover every possible food - they simply can't and there's no need for them to do so. To determine whether a food is Soluble Fiber, a Trigger/Irritant, or Insoluble Fiber, simply use HanSolo's rule.

Canned stuffed grape leaves, macaroons, and cookies made with carob are prepared foods. To determine whether they are Soluble, Trigger/Irritant or Insoluble you must take the full list of ingredients and apply the above rule to each one. Then you must check the percent of calories from fat. For the other foods on your list simply apply the above rule and you'll know what to do about them.

As for the "dried prune category":

Quote:

Rhubarb, prunes, figs, licorice are all natural laxatives. As with fresh fruits in general, you may be able to safely incorporate these foods into recipes with soluble fiber. Just beware that they pose additional risks.

Quote:

I don't know anything about this. But I do know Dr. Weill recommends Metamucil for IBS. That would probably kill me.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: What are your thoughts on these foods.... Please post other foods not mentioned new
      #293081 - 12/10/06 12:57 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

yes or no- My personal responses
Dried figs I can eat these in fig rolls and in small quantities but I think that they would be laxative so watch them
Canned stuffed grape leaves (rice) I can eat these, but despite the SF in the rice the green leaves can react in me the same way as cabbage etc ie extreme flatulence!
Any veggie marinaded in vinegar I don't see why not as long as the veggie itself is save to begin with..like I wouldn't go for a raw onion, that would KILL me!
Coconut (macaroons to be specific) made with egg whites watch the fat levels if there are other ingredients
Raisins and dried cranberries (are these in the dried prune category?) not sure for IBS-Ders
Fruit jellies and marmalades made with sugar not HFCS this are fine for me
Cookies made with carob powder or chips. watch the fat content, if it's very high then avoid

--------------------
S.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2158 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 954

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review