All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
HELP ME!! IM LOSING TOO MUCH WEIGHT
      #263155 - 05/12/06 06:00 PM
Chrissy787

Reged: 05/12/06
Loc: Melbourne, Florida

im desperate... i cant have a bowel movement and im in a lot of pain, and just changing my diet isnt seeming to help... im never hungry now and ive lost 10 lbs in the past month. i was on an IS fiber diet and now ive switched to SF after looking at this website but im still constipated and i really dont know what to do. are there any foods that will help me to go? what about zelnorm? im taking acacia powder...should i try metamucil or citrucel along with it?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: HELP ME!! IM LOSING TOO MUCH WEIGHT new
      #263157 - 05/12/06 06:14 PM
dragonfly31

Loc: Ulster County New York

Hi Chrissy787
Zelnorm has helped me somewhat - it got ride of the constant pain and eventually, as long as I still ate 25g of fiber I was okay -sometimes - zelnorm does not seem to be a long term fix - and one bad food it all goes out the window for a while.

I still am taking zelnorm twice a day - but have stopped Metemuscle because of what I read at this site - now I am gradually increasing my dose of Acacia - I am currently constipated and have some pain and gas - I have started drinking fennel and pepermint (probably not enough yet)tea. I am going to try the eating for IBS diet and see if I can get stable.

How much acacia are you taking?

I know it's stressful loosing weight - I wish I would loose 10lbs - I am worried that by eating complex cars I am going to gain weight.

dragonfly31

#263159 - 05/12/06 06:22 PM
Life.Is.Random

Reged: 03/06/06
Loc: NJ

Have you tried flaxseed oil or triphala? I have the same problem (never being hungary and severely constipated, which got me to lose about 12 lbs.), but ever since I started taking flaxseed capsules and triphala (3,000 mg daily), I've been feeling hungary and have been going regularly. I hope this helps and I hope you feel better soon!!!

--------------------
Tierney
IBS-C
www.StandardProcess.com[/url] = the home of REAL supplements

#263160 - 05/12/06 06:28 PM
dragonfly31

Loc: Ulster County New York

Quote:

Have you tried flaxseed oil or triphala? I have the same problem (never being hungary and severely constipated, which got me to lose about 12 lbs.), but ever since I started taking flaxseed capsules and triphala (3,000 mg daily), I've been feeling hungary and have been going regularly. I hope this helps and I hope you feel better soon!!!

Tierney - how much flaxseed do you take and how often?
dragonfly31
IBS-C

#263163 - 05/12/06 07:17 PM
Chrissy787

thank you both!! i'll try the flaxseed or triphala and see if that helps. im currently taking only 1 tsp of the acacia- i just started it yesterday. how fast do you think i should increase? you said you stopped taking the metamucil- why? i actually havent been constipated the last few days..when i DO have to go...thats the problem, i never have to go. sometimes ill be really constipated, sometimes itll be normal...sometimes im regular, sometimes i go for 3-4 days or even more without a movement...my bowel cant make up its mind!! its probably b/c of some type of food im eating, i just cant figure out what..

#263164 - 05/12/06 07:18 PM
Life.Is.Random

Reged: 03/06/06
Loc: NJ

I take about three 1,250 mg capsules before I go to bed. Some people complain, though, about the capsules hurting their stomach, so they take the straight oil or flaxseed meal instead (there's probably something else in the capsules).

--------------------
Tierney
IBS-C
www.StandardProcess.com[/url] = the home of REAL supplements

#263165 - 05/12/06 07:22 PM
Chrissy787

oh, and you said you eat 25 g of fiber per day...
what types of food do you get your fiber from? are there any foods youve found to be always safe or some that are always bad? heather was talking about "safe" foods but i dont know if they really apply to IBS-C.. and what about sugar? is that safe for IBS-C too? sorry so many questions..im just so confused!

#263187 - 05/13/06 07:26 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

The SF will calm your gut and should always be your base. But you must have IF, especially if you're IBS-C. There's some basic reading you should do that will answer most of your questions:

Here's a recent post I did that explains the basic reading you need to do.

Since you're IBS-C, I think you would also benefit from reading the 2 June issues of Heather's IBS Newsletter about the 5 constipation frustrations.

Last, but not least, take a look at Heather's books. Your library may have one or both; you can buy them here or at major bookstores; and you can read parts of them (including all the diet information) on this Website:

Click here to start reading "The First Year"

Click here to start reading "Eating For IBS"

I think it's great Heather has put all her diet info on the Website (free!), but I'd still recommend getting an actual copy of "The First Year". The book is laid out in a simple step by step format that I found easier to follow and it has useful information on helps other than diet, like stress management and prescription drugs.

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1199 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1368

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review