All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Food question..
      #220260 - 10/19/05 10:50 AM
yankeebelle

Reged: 10/18/05

I am finding it soo hard to incorporate "safe" food into my diet. I am always on the run for work and such and so my diet basically consists of oatmeal,turkey sand w/ mustard, pretzels and lots and lots of tea, Its getting VERY old. Could someone give me a few ideas on how they eat throughout the day?? Could you also tell me how many times a day you eat.. Thanks for the help. I would be lost without this message board! My doctor is nuts and basically just told me to take fiber.. Whooptie-do. There is soo many more things than that.. Well, Thanks alot for whatever help you can give me.
-Vanessa

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Food question.. new
      #220262 - 10/19/05 11:10 AM
melissamonica

Reged: 07/07/05
Loc: Scranton Pennsylvania

I bring graham crackers to work with me and snack on them throughout the day. Also I buy canned fruit and put it into smaller gladware containers and bring that. I pack an english muffin.
Maybe a sandwich for lunch, chicken salad, turkey breast, tuna (watch the mayo). I eat breakfast then snack on graham crackers mid morning- then have lunch then snack on fruit or pretzels in the afternoon. AT night I have supper and maybe some fruit as a snack after dinner.
Hope this helps.

#220280 - 10/19/05 12:46 PM
911Lisa

Reged: 09/27/05
Loc: North Carolina, USA

With IBS, you unfortunately have to put alot of thought into meal/snack planning. I snack throughout the day at work with lots of water. I keep water on my desk always. I've had good luck with the little packages of oreo-like wafers..the low calorie ones. I can also sneak in a poptart once in awhile. Yippee! I miss my doritos and other snacks, but I've learned to like other things too. Where there's a will, there's a way! Good Luck...

#220301 - 10/19/05 02:13 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Umm, cereal, instant oatmeal, sandwiches, toast, crackers, cereal bars, applesauce, tinned fruit, baked chips, bagels, cookies, fruit breads, cakes, soy yogurts/desserts, smoothies, pasta salads, noodles, leftover risotto, tortilla wraps, muffins, crumpets, tea-cakes, fresh bread.....

And that's just stuff I eat through the day that can be 100% safe and high in SF! Have you checked out the list of recommended snacks?

Pretzels are my go everywhere snack. -nt- new
      #220304 - 10/19/05 02:15 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Here's the link... new
      #220308 - 10/19/05 02:20 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...if you can't find it

Snacky foods

#220329 - 10/19/05 03:32 PM
crew

Reged: 06/24/05

9:30am - Protein Berry Pizazz smoothie from Jamba Juice

11:30 - One of these - Oatmeal w/ blueberries, Frosted Mini-wheats, One of the IBS safe fruit breads, A plain bagel with homemade fruit spread and RF peanut butter

2:00 - One of these - Pasta with veggies, High fiber soup w/ instant white rice, Leftovers from dinner the night before

4:00pm - One of these - Pretzels, baked pita bread with Zucchini Dip (this is in the IBS recipe index), Another small serving of whatever I had for lunch that day, Baked Tostitos, Newmans Fig bars

Dinner- Something from the IBS Recipe Index , Beanless Turkey Chili with a baked Potato, Salad with 1 cup of rice and grilled chicken, or a safe option at a restaurant.

The Recipe index has been a life saver for ... It has EVERYTHING. And if you don't find what you are looking for, someone will!

#220370 - 10/19/05 05:28 PM
Kim2884

Reged: 09/10/05
Loc: CT, USA

I am always out and about during the day.. I go to school full time and work part time so I only eat a couple meals at home, and I often don't have access to a fridge or microwave, so i have been living on bananas, soy chips and pria bars. I also eat out sometimes.. I'll usually go to a diner and get an egg beater omelette with dry white toast, or a sandwich of some sort.

--------------------
Kim

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6187 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2137

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review