All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
What to eat on birthday???
      #201946 - 08/02/05 09:35 PM
Blue24

Reged: 07/07/05
Loc: West Coast, USA

Hi everyone, I have been reading a bunch of the posts here, since I've been recently diagnosed with IBS *sigh* but it seems to be a happy place

My birthday is this week and people at work are throwing me something... my close co-workers know I have IBS and asked what dessert-type food would be okay on my tummy.. I feel awful! I honestly don't know, I almost never eat dessert, but this is so nice of them. Anyone have any suggestions? I would really appreciate it. Mahalo..

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Peppermint Fudge Cake! new
      #201947 - 08/02/05 09:54 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi there,

First of all, welcome to the boards!
Second of all, in case you don't get much time on the boards before then, happy early birthday!!

It sure is nice of your co-workers to want to make you something, especially something they know will be safe for you!
My best recommendation is the Peppermint Fudge Cake, the recipe of which is here .
If you don't like the sound of that one, there are LOADS of other cake and such recipes if you go to the Recipe Index, which can be found here . Go to the desserts section, and voila! Lots of recipes.

If you are looking for other foods like snacks or appetisers or anything else, there are lots of recipes and they are really yummy.
If you want any tips on what people think, you can ask lots of questions on the IBS Recipe board and people will try to help you out if they made the recipe before, or have made any modifications or anything.

Hope this helps, have a great birthday!!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

I second that! new
      #201963 - 08/03/05 04:18 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

But if you feel funny giving them a recipe, tell them that angel food cake would be fine, although since I don't know how stable or not you are, I would suggest telling them to leave it plain. If they want to have fruit or something with it, it's up to you if you want to try to eat it, but the cake itself will be perfectly safe.

Re: I second that! new
      #202069 - 08/03/05 10:01 AM
Blue24

Reged: 07/07/05
Loc: West Coast, USA

Thanks, ladies
I appreciate your input.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 688 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 510

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review