All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Craving a fruity drink...
      #307256 - 05/14/07 06:13 PM
EmilyM

Reged: 05/13/07
Loc: Chicago, IL

I'm really having a craving for lemonade or some sort of fruit (I really miss raspberries and strawberries!). I'm trying to do the BTC thing for a few days and was wondering if there's anything I can have. I don't think fruit has ever really bothered me in the past. Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Craving a fruity drink... new
      #307267 - 05/14/07 07:21 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

How about a fruit smoothie? There are a lot of delicious smoothie recipes posted in the IBS Recipe Index! Or you could just do a search on this board.

#307285 - 05/14/07 08:58 PM
EmilyM

Is that allowed on BTC? I have some raspberries and peaches that are calling my name...(ok that would be really creepy)

#307288 - 05/14/07 09:08 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Quote:

Is that allowed on BTC? I have some raspberries and peaches that are calling my name...(ok that would be really creepy)

Lol.

How long have you been BTCing? You might want to wait a few days if you just started. Otherwise, I think a smoothie would be okay if you have more SF in it; so maybe add a banana or some SFS to the mix and maybe just use some peach (peeled to reduce IF). Probably the safest smoothie you could during the BTC diet is one with bananas and mangos or papayas. Have you seen the Cheat Sheet yet? It's a really handy list of mostly-SF food, IF foods, and triggers. Here's a link: IBS Cheat Sheet

Hmm...I wonder how it would taste mixed with Vanilla Almond Milk? Maybe someone else will share some recommendations.

#307368 - 05/15/07 05:13 PM
EmilyM

Thanks - I actually have seen that cheat sheet. I saved it to my desktop. I bought a mango yesterday because I remember seeing it on the SF list, but had no idea what to do with it. I could definitely try the banana/mango smoothie though. I wonder if you could freeze the banana to make a thicker consistency. Has anyone ever tried that?

#307441 - 05/16/07 05:46 PM
caputsky

Reged: 03/24/07
Loc: Baltimore, MD

Hi Emily,

I made a great mango banana smoothie the other weekend. Basically, I used a whole very ripe banana that I had put in the fridge (they get more brown that way), plus a bit hunk of mango, then added about 4 ice cubes, some vanilla soy milk for the consistency, and about a tablespoon of honey. I stuck everything in the blender and pureed it for a couple minutes. I was really really good! Although, my one recommendation is not to drink too much of it at once because it can be really filling. Hope you enjoy it if you try it

Julie
IBS-D, GERD, lactose intolerant

--------------------
"We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it."

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 123 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2779

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review